LL releasing a new Mobile Client soon?

Jamie Breck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A 'mobile' client viewer... yes would be nice. BUT I would prefer JUST an "inventory management' client with no inworld view at all. Doesn't even need to include chat either. Just would like to be able to sort/organize/delete what's in inventory via 'mobile'. 

I wouldn't think that would be too difficult. 

Edited by TechDave

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Here's a little update. Inara Pey quotes Ebbe Linden here. Inara has been known to be very reliable when it comes to reporting news. 

https://modemworld.me/2020/03/28/second-life-companion-app-mini-update-march-2020/

Awesome, I'm really excited for Android and iOS. Hopefully it proves popular and can have more features added over time.

• Like 1

Lumiya for Android can still be obtained, though not through the Play store. It works seamlessly. There are things that it can't do, obviously, but you can chat, change outfits, view the map, and move around in the world (though not at full resolution). It's been available on Android for years. If LL releases something with less features, and only for Apple mobile devices, that's kind of sad.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, TechDave said:

A 'mobile' client viewer... yes would be nice. BUT I would prefer JUST an "inventory management' client with no inworld view at all. Doesn't even need to include chat either. Just would like to be able to sort/organize/delete what's in inventory via 'mobile'. 

I wouldn't think that would be too difficult. 

You can use SpeedLight viewer. It has a mobile app (Android) and also runs in a browser, including mobile. Provides inventory access, IMs, groups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.