Jamie Breck

LL releasing a new Mobile Client soon?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So my geeky self was browsing the release notes for the latest Server release  2020-03-09T21:37:50.538222 and I came across this

Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Release Notes
This is the simulator release with features to support the mobile client.

Did I miss an announcement about a mobile client somewhere?

22 minutes ago, Jamie Breck said:

Did I miss an announcement about a mobile client somewhere?

possible you missed some info, but there's no clien released yet... let's say it in the most used Linden planning way:  "soon"

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A 'mobile' client viewer... yes would be nice. BUT I would prefer JUST an "inventory management' client with no inworld view at all. Doesn't even need to include chat either. Just would like to be able to sort/organize/delete what's in inventory via 'mobile'. 

I wouldn't think that would be too difficult. 

Edited by TechDave

Note that to the best of my knowledge, this mobile client would be for iOS only, and would pretty much be just a glorified text client, allowing you to chat and not much else.

• Thanks 1

In one of the threads with Lindens, they hinted that the mobile client would be a bit more than just chatting. No one really knows what to expect right now. Could be a client where you can explore in world, could just be chat and av editor, could be a lot of things.

20 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Here's a little update. Inara Pey quotes Ebbe Linden here. Inara has been known to be very reliable when it comes to reporting news. 

https://modemworld.me/2020/03/28/second-life-companion-app-mini-update-march-2020/

Awesome, I'm really excited for Android and iOS. Hopefully it proves popular and can have more features added over time.

• Like 1

Lumiya for Android can still be obtained, though not through the Play store. It works seamlessly. There are things that it can't do, obviously, but you can chat, change outfits, view the map, and move around in the world (though not at full resolution). It's been available on Android for years. If LL releases something with less features, and only for Apple mobile devices, that's kind of sad.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, TechDave said:

A 'mobile' client viewer... yes would be nice. BUT I would prefer JUST an "inventory management' client with no inworld view at all. Doesn't even need to include chat either. Just would like to be able to sort/organize/delete what's in inventory via 'mobile'. 

I wouldn't think that would be too difficult. 

You can use SpeedLight viewer. It has a mobile app (Android) and also runs in a browser, including mobile. Provides inventory access, IMs, groups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.