Future of the metaverse, and all that

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

So, no advertising of pants, shoes, socks, underpants, skateboards, skis, bicycles, motorcycles, footballs . . .

given the massive success of the Legless Metaverse then nah! Oh! wait

given the amount of money and people resources they are going to throw at it then anything is possible but I think they pretty much will start over again with legs. Mr Zuckerberg is quite serious about The Metaverse being the next big thing

the only other big company that could crush Facebook Metaverse in its infancy would be Google, if they ever got serious about Google Earth. Real world shopping, concerts, travel, stay in a hotel, go to sports events on your screen in 3D. Can't travel to the World Cup then click here for $20, and will put you in in any seat you want in the stadium to watch the final. And able to switch to any live feed camera that you want, open a replay window, hear the live commentary, hear the crowd in attendance

other thing is could even live in your own real world home virtually with Google Earth. Go to the park down the road from your house, have a picnic, turn the sun on

is kinda intriguing what a Virtual Earth could be, in the most ordinary of ways

• Like 1

i just add another thought about ordinary

Second Life has proofed ordinary again. Bellissaria. Home making

It doesn't get more ordinary than this. We look at the World Map and Bellissaria is huge and its occupied. People are paying for this most ordinary of things

i met a lady a couple of weeks ago inworld. She has 11 Premium accounts now. I was like: What for!! And she says I can't help myself. I only ever one account before. Is all Patch Linden's fault. He gets me. This lady is an outlier for sure. But is a heaps of people now with more than one Premium account because they just like making comfortable little homes and gardens, with nice clothes on

1 hour ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

This begs the question, how man people can one attempt to be at the same time before one goes doolally?

Well, there are those with DID (dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personality disorder) who have upwards of 300 personalities.  So I'd say we have quite the potential in our complex minds.

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the only other big company that could crush Facebook Metaverse in its infancy would be Google, if they ever got serious about Google Earth. Real world shopping, concerts, travel, stay in a hotel, go to sports events on your screen in 3D. Can't travel to the World Cup then click here for $20, and will put you in in any seat you want in the stadium to watch the final. And able to switch to any live feed camera that you want, open a replay window, hear the live commentary, hear the crowd in attendance

I love walking along the roads of the world in VR using a Google Earth application. How much more fun if one could do all the rest you've cited!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.