Lindens removing negative reviews on "popular" products

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not gonna name the product in question for obvious reasons but I just noticed that within the span of a week a couple of negative reviews on a certain "popular" high-priced product have all be removed. Obviously the seller is butthurt and flagging all of them to LL, but it's sad and pathetic that LL is actually actively removing them as well. None of the reviews including my own broke any of the "rules" stickied at the top by the linden (since I was actually interested enough in reading all of them), they were all objective and listing major flaws and poor design choices of the product. But apparently if your product is "popular" and generating a lot of revenue for LL it's perfectly fine to have a linden watchdog make sure you product stays perfectly 5 stars for all time. Then we have the other end of the spectrum where underrated products are getting rated 1-star by idiots who don't know how SL works and leaving BS like "why I only got a box? I bought heels!!", and those reviews are there to stay.

Edited by MelodyClone1
  • Like 2

it seems that the more info you put in your negative review, the more room you give them for interpretation, and that means somebody (the merchant, or the Linden reviewing it) might find "valid reasons" for removal in your review. If you just write "i don't like it", or "it doesn't work" they won't remove it. Such reviews don't help neither merchants nor shoppers, and yet those are the ones most likely to remain. -_-

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings All!

As Pamela noted, there is a guide for Marketplace Listing Reviews pinned at the top of this forum section. 

A few bullet point reasons why a review may be removed:

1. Profanity, even masked

2. Attacks directed at the seller

3. Attacks directed at other buyers/reviewers

4. Telling people to buy another users products, advertising another sellers items, or inviting people to visit or contact the buyer. 

5. Negative comments about cost, permissions, lack of support for other content or other information already in the listing, etc..  For example, if a purchased item is No Modify, a review that says "Sellers should stop selling No Modify Items" is not appropriate.  

6. Buying a Demo or Free item to complain about the seller, buyers of the full version, an in world purchase, or a different item that was purchased. 

7. Reviews regarding issues outside of the control of the seller.  This includes, but is not limited to, issues such as failed deliveries, changing the size of Mesh items causing LI changes, lost in world inventory, scripts not working in No Script regions, etc.  

If anyone sees a review that they believe is inappropriate, they should report the review.  The Governance Team will investigate the report as quickly as possible. 

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

5. Negative comments about cost, permissions, lack of support for other content or other information already in the listing, etc..  For example, if a purchased item is No Modify, a review that says "Sellers should stop selling No Modify Items" is not appropriate.  

If anyone sees a review that they believe is inappropriate, they should report the review.  The Governance Team will investigate the report as quickly as possible. 

Let me see... Except if it's a 4 star review? A couple of days ago i flagged a 4 star review that went along the lines "Would have given it 5 stars if it supported the legacy body. Otherwise a great item". It wasn't removed. Nowhere in the listing does it say that it fits Legacy. It isn't fair.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Elvina Ewing said:

Let me see... Except if it's a 4 star review? A couple of days ago i flagged a 4 star review that went along the lines "Would have given it 5 stars if it supported the legacy body. Otherwise a great item". It wasn't removed. Nowhere in the listing does it say that it fits Legacy. It isn't fair.

Hi!

Please file a support ticket under the Marketplace options and provide the link to the review.  If you get the standard reply about negative reviews, please reply back and ask for an escalated review.  We are only human, after all. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

On 3/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Hi!

Please file a support ticket under the Marketplace options and provide the link to the review.  If you get the standard reply about negative reviews, please reply back and ask for an escalated review.  We are only human, after all. 

Thanks!

Nice to know there's an escalation process for reviews voliolating the rules, but not for whole stores violating the rules. 

Gotta get that 10% somehow, I guess. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.