Nefertiti Nefarious

Can't enter text in World Search

Question

New install on Linux Mint 19, Tricia

Second_Life_5_0_9_329906_i686

Logs in fine, acting normal, but the boxes from the WORLD menu item are coming up blank.  I can't enter in text to search on, and the destinations are showing blank.

Firestorm does not have this problem, so it's an official viewer problem. 332258029_SLSearchproblem.png.5ae8fa15252e36eb27e81110efdda95e.png

SL Search problem 2.png

3 answers to this question

Firestorm is based on the current Linden Lab viewer, so if there is a problem in the standard viewer, it should show up in Firestorm as well.  I can only guess, but I suspect the problem may have something to do with your Linux installation.  In any case, it's probably best to submit a bug JIRA.

It is Linux. Not much point in filing a bug report with the Lab.

I am not up on Linux version numbers. The version 5.0.9 is way way behind the current 6.3 versions for Windows. They have moved their repositories, are you sure you are getting source and libraries from the right repository?

Chase down some of the other Linux devs. Join the Linden mailing list for Linux devs. A quick look at SL's third-party viewers list will tell you which teams have Linux people.