Mesh head question

LynValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still using a classic head after nearly 5 years in SL. Main reason for this is: when i started in SL i created "my" face and all my friends know me with that face and until now i haven't found a mesh head that would allow me to "keep" my face or at least allows me to create a face that is very close to my classic face. All mesh heads that i have seen until now have cute faces, sure, but they all look like the faces of 16 years old girls (or even younger) with big pouty lips, very small noses and huge eyes. I don't want that, i want a normal face (i'm a 32 years old woman and i want to look like that in SL and not like a barely legal teenager from a wet dream of some guy).

Are there any mesh heads that look "normal" in the base configuration, so that i would have at least a chance to recreate my classic face? (if not then i will not get me a mesh head, i'm extremely stubborn in this point xD)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LynValentine said:

I'm still using a classic head after nearly 5 years in SL. Main reason for this is: when i started in SL i created "my" face and all my friends know me with that face and until now i haven't found a mesh head that would allow me to "keep" my face or at least allows me to create a face that is very close to my classic face. All mesh heads that i have seen until now have cute faces, sure, but they all look like the faces of 16 years old girls (or even younger) with big pouty lips, very small noses and huge eyes. I don't want that, i want a normal face (i'm a 32 years old woman and i want to look like that in SL and not like a barely legal teenager from a wet dream of some guy).

Are there any mesh heads that look "normal" in the base configuration, so that i would have at least a chance to recreate my classic face? (if not then i will not get me a mesh head, i'm extremely stubborn in this point xD)

There are a few; one of them is the one I use; Margeaux by Catwa. Definitely a stronger, more mature look, and no duck-lips. Catwa's Eva and Lee are similar, but Margeaux was my favourite.

Wearing Pink Fuel skin "Morgan" here;

49080210741_cef3351465_b.jpg

The two new Evolution heads from Lelutka also look similar; I almost got one of those too but I couldn't get the lips the way I wanted them. 

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 1

I wanted to match my system head too and finally tried the Lelutka Simone and was able to get close to it.  As @Matty Luminos said the new Lelutka Evolution might work too but @Katt Dragoone is right, always try the demos.  The Evolution heads are tempting but Simone has worked for several years so I haven't fallen into temptation yet.  (well not on the mesh heads anyway)

2 hours ago, LynValentine said:

All mesh heads that i have seen until now have cute faces, sure, but they all look like the faces of 16 years old girls (or even younger) with big pouty lips, very small noses and huge eyes. I don't want that, i want a normal face (i'm a 32 years old woman and i want to look like that in SL and not like a barely legal teenager from a wet dream of some guy).

Aeriagirl2.jpg.9bdb31ec1ad9b53a60059e434

I'm a little confused by what you claim to see, what you say you want and how you portray yourself.

Heads can be customized with a shape so if you do not like large eyes and small noses like your forum avatar, that's an easy fix.  Perhaps you could search the Market Place for a shape you like and then see which head it goes with. I recommend looking at Strawberry Singh's store for shapes first.  Here is a sample of one of my shapes:

20200309_006.thumb.jpg.64c35d6478fdf4ab8b1ec52c5673f42b.jpg

Not your typical young pouty look.

Along with the shape, you may want to look at such things as ageing tattoos.  Here is a sample.  There are other people that make similar products.

age_yourself2.jpg?1572529820

And finally,  I make shapes.  If you have some solid examples of what you want to look like, I'll see what I can make for you.

• Like 2

I wanted to add, choice of skin, makeup and even also hair makes a big difference too. 

Here's me again, wearing the same head, the shape hasn't been altered at all, only the skin and hair has been changed, and I'm wearing no makeup here. I instantly look about ten years younger than my previous pic.

200310_002.jpg.113feb595bee3ab86ad52c147ff4217f.jpg

This skin is Gina from Gessami, and for some reason it always makes me look sad.

• Like 1

I understand the desire for wanting to keep the "me" look. I would not rule out demoing all heads offered by known brands like LeLutka, Genus, LAQ, Logo, Catwa, Utilizator etc. anything with BoM (Bakes on Mesh) would be more desirable so you can use your current skin. When i was looking in to heads i didn't want to look too alien to what i'd been used to seeing for more than 11 years having got a bunch of demos went with LeLutka Chloe as just with my regular shape no mods it was more or less "me" just needed a few tweaks to get it how i want 

It may help to take a head shot put that image on a prim and use it as a guide to see how well any heads you like the look of do at replicating your look. As i spent time saving up the L$5k for my head i took head shots to compare and get used to system head me Vs future mesh head me 

• Like 3

I hit that problem when I wanted to go with a mesh head. I went through a ton of demos looking for one I could tweak to look like my classic face.

49140212367_926cd1ae3e_z.jpg This was the result.

I started with GA.EG's Jennifer.

42482398435_ce3982d75d_c.jpg

Off the shelf it too looks way young. Skin and tweaks can add some age. 

Find a head that is close to your look. Get the demo and see if you can tweak it to what you want. I suggest you not hold out for an exact match. It may not be possible.

Also when tweaking your look, use the Ctrl-0 and 9 keys. I didn't use them until toward the end of my process. I should have started with Ctrl-0. Take picture of your classic face, put it on a cube and set it by your shoulder as you tweak the face. The Ctrl-0 will avoid the distortion caused by zooming in, which complicates the process.

16 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Aeriagirl2.jpg.9bdb31ec1ad9b53a60059e434

I'm a little confused by what you claim to see, what you say you want and how you portray yourself.

Forum profile pics are not necessarily representative of the inworld avatar.  My forum picture is only sometimes a picture of my inworld avatar and has, sometimes, been a bit childish.

Her inworld profile gives a very different look than this forum profile pic.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Forum profile pics are not necessarily representative of the inworld avatar.  My forum picture is only sometimes a picture of my inworld avatar and has, sometimes, been a bit childish.

Her inworld profile gives a very different look than this forum profile pic.

It doesn't really change the fact that she actively chose to use a picture of a barely legal teenager™ with a cute face, very small nose, and huge eyes as her forum avatar. It's a valid call-out.

Glad she found a head that works, though!

Strange what we can see or not see.

The new face has big pouty lips, small nose, big eyes and it is looking very young. Especially with that cute button nose and full mouth. Not that I dislike it! I love it. It was strange to see, after reading how she dissed all that in her first post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.