Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
omerioz

LL is not a safe place because real money is in danger

Question

When one touch of a sale sign, accidentally removing money from our pocket is a steal.
Because there are ways to make us accidentally touch false maxims that will help steal our money.
Each touch should gradually open a kind of negotiation, between buyer and seller, so that mistakes are rare. SL cannot possibly accidentally rob us.
But we all already know the dark side of SL.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

What in the world are you talking about?

There is nothing in SL that will take money from your account if you merely touch it.

If you right click an object (such as a vendor) and you see the option "Buy" or "Pay", and select that option, you then get a confirmation box.  You must confirm that you want to pay $LXXX.

If you receive an object from someone, and then wear or rez it, it is possible that it will send you a notice that it is requesting to take money from you.  This is normal behavior for certain objects, such as vendors, rent boxes, tip jars, and some games.  However, it is NOT normal behavior for "gifts" people send you.  If you get this request and you are not expecting it, DON'T click "Accept"!  If you do, the object can take all the $L from your account.

But if you don't accept that notice, the object cannot do anything bad to you or take your money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What in the world are you talking about?

There is nothing in SL that will take money from your account if you merely touch it.

If you right click an object (such as a vendor) and you see the option "Buy" or "Pay", and select that option, you then get a confirmation box.  You must confirm that you want to pay $LXXX.

If you receive an object from someone, and then wear or rez it, it is possible that it will send you a notice that it is requesting to take money from you.  This is normal behavior for certain objects, such as vendors, rent boxes, tip jars, and some games.  However, it is NOT normal behavior for "gifts" people send you.  If you get this request and you are not expecting it, DON'T click "Accept"!  If you do, the object can take all the $L from your account.

But if you don't accept that notice, the object cannot do anything bad to you or take your money.

 That's exactly what happened to me. I clicked DEMO and got nothing
Then 2000 L was taken from me
Not only did this happen to me, I reported and they sent me a cynical message as an answer they did no checking and did not make it clear. Whatever happens in the future it will happen to more people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What is written here is actually a message and a message that they do not intend to do anything. They don't even say I'm wrong, nothing. Here is part of the message I received after the report, this is not a cynical joke.

 

"
We know that you are eager to continue to enjoy your time in Second Life, but that you might also be curious about what will happen as a result of this report. Rest assured that our skilled team of Governance Lindens will give it a complete and thorough review, but due to our privacy policy they will be unable to disclose the outcome of their investigation. We work hard to ensure that the privacy of each Resident is protected."

so let me answer that no answer i got. no i am not eager to continue. in fact i going to leave thia game. i only want others to know what is ll about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

First, where is this object? I'd like to go look at it.

Second, Lindall Kidd has a class at Caledon Oxbridge on how to protect yourself in Second Life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
32 minutes ago, omerioz said:

What is written here is actually a message and a message that they do not intend to do anything. They don't even say I'm wrong, nothing. Here is part of the message I received after the report, this is not a cynical joke.

 

"
We know that you are eager to continue to enjoy your time in Second Life, but that you might also be curious about what will happen as a result of this report. Rest assured that our skilled team of Governance Lindens will give it a complete and thorough review, but due to our privacy policy they will be unable to disclose the outcome of their investigation. We work hard to ensure that the privacy of each Resident is protected."

so let me answer that no answer i got. no i am not eager to continue. in fact i going to leave thia game. i only want others to know what is ll about. 

This is actually a standard canned message that is sent as a reply to all abuse reports.  It means exactly what it says...LL will investigate, but they will not give you any further information as to the outcome.  They have this policy because they wish to protect everyone's privacy, even that of nasty evil-doers.

I agree with Animats that someone ought to go take a look at the object you claim took your money.  I think the most likely explanation is simple user error, but there is a small chance that you could be the victim of a scam.  Please send either Animats or me, or both, a landmark for where this happened, and the name of the object you clicked, and the name of the person who got your $L.  You can get this last item from your $L Transaction History in the Account section of your Dashboard, the page you see when you log in to this website.  Please do NOT post any of this information in this thread.  Send it to us in a notecard in world or a private message.

Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

<Removed>

this is the place where all happned.

i must say i didnt get after they took 2000l for click ON DEMO NOTHING! EVEN NOT THE DEMO! ONLY SINGN.

SHE ALSO THE OWNER BLOCK AND BANNED ME  SAYING TO A FRIEND I WASNT POLITE AND IF I WAS POLITE SHE WHOULD GIVE ME 2000 BACK! 

i have all the proove i think ll dont want to solve problems they dont want rich and strong people to stop rob others in this game.

Edited by Kristin Linden
Naming and Shaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There is a problem with SL is a problem that I did not care about at first.
But why not protect SL users?
This is real money I bought so for years, they want a class action lawsuit? I do not understand why the people who run SL strive? Do they think people will forever avoid asking questions?
Touching the sign may not result in money being emptied out of the account, without opening a dialogue between seller and buyer, there are counterfeits that are probably covered, and the problem begins with the failure to treat those who report fairly and efficiently, sending an automated cynical wording is not a treat!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, omerioz said:

i must say i didnt get after they took 2000l for click ON DEMO NOTHING! EVEN NOT THE DEMO! ONLY SINGN.
 

i been clicking on the demo ships there, and didn't see ány behaviour of the demos that are a scam.. you do NOT get a demo, but the demos are rezzed and ready for use.
The vendors for the real thing are in front of the demo's so guessing you paid for a non demo, and declined( or been in busy/away mode)
 

1 hour ago, omerioz said:

SHE ALSO THE OWNER BLOCK AND BANNED ME  SAYING TO A FRIEND I WASNT POLITE AND IF I WAS POLITE SHE WHOULD GIVE ME 2000 BACK!

if you first AR the seller, and than go for a refund... ehm.. yeah.. thats not how you suppose to act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

11 hours ago, omerioz said:

What is written here is actually a message and a message that they do not intend to do anything. They don't even say I'm wrong, nothing. Here is part of the message I received after the report, this is not a cynical joke.

 

"
We know that you are eager to continue to enjoy your time in Second Life, but that you might also be curious about what will happen as a result of this report. Rest assured that our skilled team of Governance Lindens will give it a complete and thorough review, but due to our privacy policy they will be unable to disclose the outcome of their investigation. We work hard to ensure that the privacy of each Resident is protected."

so let me answer that no answer i got. no i am not eager to continue. in fact i going to leave thia game. i only want others to know what is ll about. 

That message doesn't say they "do not intend to do anything." It says they will review it but they won't tell you what they'll do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, omerioz said:

[Name of merchant and location redacted]

this is the place where all happned.

i must say i didnt get after they took 2000l for click ON DEMO NOTHING! EVEN NOT THE DEMO! ONLY SINGN.

SHE ALSO THE OWNER BLOCK AND BANNED ME  SAYING TO A FRIEND I WASNT POLITE AND IF I WAS POLITE SHE WHOULD GIVE ME 2000 BACK! 

i have all the proove i think ll dont want to solve problems they dont want rich and strong people to stop rob others in this game.

Now see here, @omerioz...I asked you most specifically to send this information PRIVATELY and to not post it in the forums.  "Naming names" is a violation of Forum rules and can get YOU in trouble.

If you have this much trouble reading and following simple directions, perhaps SL really isn't the place for you.

Please edit your post to remove the inappropriate information. 

I'll still go over there and check it out for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

OK...back from @omerioz's problem merchant.

Here's what I found.

The vendors are clearly set up.  Several of the items have a "buy product" vendor sign immediately above a "Buy Demo" vendor sign.  If you right click the Demo sign, and choose Buy, you can buy the demo for $L 1.  If you right click the product vendor and choose Buy, you can buy the actual item for a lot more.

Neither sign will take any money on a simple touch.  They produce the normal confirmation box asking if you want to complete the transaction, or cancel it.

IF YOU ACCEPT, the item is immediately sent to you as a boxed item.  It will appear in the Objects folder of your inventory.  Nothing is done until you confirm the transaction.

I checked to see if some third party had introduced a money-stealing object.  I did not find any such items.

I spoke with the creator.  You certainly should have understood how the vendors work, because you bought two demos the day before, then returned and purchased the full item.  When you complained, she even redelivered it AGAIN.

As a person with almost five years in Second Life, you should know by now how vendors work, and also that arguing with a landowner and calling them names is a good way to get yourself banned.

In this case, Linden Lab is not at fault.  The merchant is not at fault.  The fault lies with you, I'm sorry to say.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey folks!

I cleaned up a couple of posts here so I wanted to drop in a friendly reminder that the forums are not a place for you to air our your personal grievances between yourself and other Residents. If you have an issue with a particular person within Second Life we ask that you please take it elsewhere, or simply block. Disclosing names of other users or stores, etc or chatlogs on the forums to try and make your point is not permitted. I've made a few edits here and there in this thread to remove any information or posts that weren't so nice.

As stated previously, if you believe that you encountered any issues in-world that may be a Terms of Service violation please file an Abuse Report and it will be investigated. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot inform you of the outcome or disclose any details from our investigations.

Additionally, if you purchased an item from another Resident and have any questions or are having issues we strongly encourage you to reach out to the seller as they will be the only ones able to assist you with the purchase. We also strongly recommend that if you do reach out to someone in Second Life due to an issue you're encountering with their product, land, service, etc that you do so in a civil manner.

As my Great Great Great Grammy Linden says: "You catch more bees with honey."... Or was it bears? I can never remember.

Either way:

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...