Potential showstopping bug on many mainland regions. Anyone else experienced this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yep, that's right. If the rezzed object has an on_rez event handler, the rezzer doesn't get an object_rez event in those three sims. Unfortunately, those RC sandbox sims I tested in before, I just realized are actually running 536748 instead of the RC version, so the fact it works correctly there is not informative.

Apparently the "<release channel> Sandbox 1" and "... 2" regions aren't accessible to me; maybe Linden-only, dunno. But I can confirm that it works as expected on a different RC region (Tussock).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to chime in here that we're aware of this issue (as mentioned up-thread it's not particularly new unfortunately, dating back to late last year), and using the latest information you all have prov

I can't come up with words to express my frustration, but... In the future if any LSL event is not firing after a roll, let's consider it a showstopper and do a rollback?  LSL is critical to SL o

Hey - just wanted to add that CasperTech rezzing vendors are affected by this and we've had a sharp increase in incidents in the last couple of days. It seems to have become widespread.

I was able to get access to the six "_____ Sandbox 1" and "_____ Sandbox 2" regions that are on 537423 by joining the Second Life Beta group, and both events work as expected like they do in other 537423 regions like Venrigalli, Sirrakuk and Nadelhorn.  Still no change in Toroge, Fearly and Korzun.

Just to chime in here that we're aware of this issue (as mentioned up-thread it's not particularly new unfortunately, dating back to late last year), and using the latest information you all have provided we're able to confirm that the issue under discussion (object_rez events never fire) reproduces in the regions mentioned, but work fine in other regions running the same code. We're not sure why that is just yet, but we're going to do our darnedest to find out and get a fix for this behavior in your hands as quick as we can.

• Thanks 9

I'm glad it's been confirmed and is being looked at.  on_rez and object_rez are super vital functions in SL.  I hope you can find a solution soon.

It would be nice to have RC names on server versions again.  Case in point that 1/3rd to 1/2 of this thread is trying to figure out what type of region it's happening on.

• Like 3

I can confirm this is also happening on version Second Life Server 2020-02-26T20:56:18.537423

I operate a grid scope experience powered game, that's ironically just in my personal regions.  It temp attached player HUDs.  These particular HUD dispensers do not work (as well as everything else relying on object_rez in the region): 
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Great Fissure/141/112/69
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Wastelands/43/159/75

I also use on_rez and object_rez.  object_rez is not being triggered.  I am using methods to make sure the objects are rezzed before communicating with them.  They are being rezzed, but the parent object isn't triggering the object_rez event.

I am on a private estate and I am technically supposed to be off RC region rolls.  Perhaps the issue isn't with the region itself?

p.s. Poor breedables folks...

Edited by NeoBokrug Elytis

I've had many customers message me within the past few hours saying they can no longer sit on their furniture because of this object_rez issue.

I put a message in my profile explaining this bug and informed them that there will be a fix soon.

Regions:

featherston chapel

Bolsena

clarabella
Red Light Center
Notteterna
Creole

Tranquil Dream II

Playa dela Seduccion

Animus City

Rain Song

Alexandria Falls

Aladonia Island

Raine Lake

Epimetheus

Envar

Cape Hatteras

Clearwater Shores

Seabring

Uh Oh (yes, uh oh)

Edited by Ample Clarity
  • Sad 1
On 3/9/2020 at 12:03 AM, animats said:

There have been complaints in this area recently. From the wiki:

"If an object is rezzed by another object then the object_rez event in the parent object does not trigger at the same time as the on_rez event in the child object and the order of the events is not guaranteed. See the examples in object_rez for how to reliably establish communications between objects when rezzing."

Turns out that's a different issue. The new problem is about object_rez, not on_rez. Came up at Server User Group today. Lindens trying to figure out what changed.

• Thanks 2

I was able to confirm in all of these that object_rez doesn't occur with an object that has on_rez:

Featherston Chapel
Bolsena
Clarabella
Red Light Center
Notteterna
Creole
Tranquil Dream II
Animus City
Rain Song
Aladonia Island
Raine Lake
Epimetheus
Envar

I wasn't able to confirm or deny in Alexandria Falls due to not being able to rez anywhere.

I was able to find that it worked in Playa dela Seduccion and Cape Hatteras.

Maybe Playa dela Seduccion and Cape Hatteras have been restarted recently or something else happened that could be a clue.

• Thanks 1

Playa dela Seduccion: Region restarted at Wed 2020-03-11 00:45 PDT,  0 days, 2:53:54 ago

Cape Hatteras: Region restarted at Tue 2020-03-10 20:00 PDT, 0 days, 7:40:7 ago

[ETA: Two neighboring regions that restarted yesterday during the roll (21 or 22 hours ago) also show the object_rez bug: Arches and Foxglove. This is new for those sims because they started to flood my lost+found with stuff my scripts rez but don't see object_rez so can't record for later deletion.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Thanks 2
On 3/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, NeoBokrug Elytis said:

It would be nice to have RC names on server versions again.  Case in point that 1/3rd to 1/2 of this thread is trying to figure out what type of region it's happening on.

Heck yes. Crazy to not have that *basic* information available.

10 hours ago, NeoBokrug Elytis said:

@Gunner Grun

Just restart the region, should fix the issue.

Nope after I updated my rezzers nothing works even after a restart. I locked the sim down and I'm working on redoing everything.

Edited by Gunner Grun

Hi,

Same problem here. object_rez event not firing. Many feedbacks from customers. Please, let us know if some work is in progress about this issue.

Regions:

- Coeur d Alsace

- brunswick

- Ardis Isle 

Edited by Aglaia

Per Inara Pey's blog about the Server User Group today,

[...] Rider Linden believes he may have a is resolution for the issue, stating:

I believe I was able to isolate what was going on with object rez and I think I have a solution for it. It should roll on Magnum.

This deployment should be part of the RC rollouts on Wednesday, March 17th.

(Lindens still know the server channel names. 😋)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Adding a +1, my region, Quietly Tuesday is still affected by this error after yesterday's restart. Thought to file a ticket, but adding a plus one where Lindens have at least looked is better for now. Was a touch afraid that it was my region acting up again - Had to move to a new machine after QT refused to allow access to things like saving scripts, etc.

I can confirm that this issue is still happening in some regions, and that a restart does not fix it (Alpenglow).  Does anyone in this thread know of an official LL sandbox that has been updated (premium or otherwise)?  I have gone to several sandboxes and none have the update so far, which means that I have nowhere to work with my breedables.  I can't get into the Magnum premium sandbox (I am a premium member) nor the Magnum non-premium sandbox.  Thanks

I don't know of any sandboxes on the RC channels - all the "<RC> Sandbox A" regions are now on Main Channel.

(Magnum Sandbox A is borked: can't TP or walk into it. I've submitted a ticket, so LL will eventually restart it)

• Thanks 2

I managed to get into Magnum Sandbox A, even though it hasn't been restarted since the Tuesday roll (Tue 2020-03-17 04:20 PDT), but the landing was strange and yeah, it's pretty screwed up, very busy doing nothing at all. Anyway, it's still on the Main Channel, as are the other "A" sandboxes, as you say.

Magnum Sandbox 1 and 2 are both accessible by joining Second Life Beta group, and they are running the new 538605 release that's supposed to contain the fix, and I tested and the object_rez event is raised when rezzing an object scripted to handle on_rez events. Not definitive, of course, because the earlier release that failed in some regions worked in others. The other RC channel 1 and 2 sandboxes are also running the channel-appropriate releases @LoganPryor identified in the release thread.

• Thanks 3
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.