VonWulfen

Unknown visitors?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If it doesn't bother you to have people stop in when you're not there,  don't change anything.  I have never owned land or a house in SL that I felt the need to privatize.  I've never used banlines or security orbs or people counters.  If I have a *cough* bed and someone needs to take a *cough* nap when I'm not home, they can.  I usually let people rez  (with a 5 minute return) and use scripts as well.  Never had a problem.

The biggest problem I have is when I swear I set my permissions for a chair to "public", but my alt can't seem to use it.  Frustrating.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 2:23 PM, VonWulfen said:

Many thanks :) Im not so worried now that I know they cant really do any harm :)

Many just want to explore and admire. They can't hurt anything, they can't take anything. I've been thinking of leaving out a notecard drop sort of thing somewhere so folks who wander in might leave a note or something. My house is pretty empty though, I should probably fix that. 

On 3/8/2020 at 7:49 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It could also be someone camming over and clicking from another location. At any rate, I believe @Nikki Mathieson has free visitor counters in her LH display at the RLF event, if you want to pick up one of those.

Would anyone happen to have a direct link to her display? Cheers 😃

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Many just want to explore and admire. They can't hurt anything, they can't take anything. I've been thinking of leaving out a notecard drop sort of thing somewhere so folks who wander in might leave a note or something. My house is pretty empty though, I should probably fix that. 

I have a mailbox, but so far, haven't had any notes from visitors. Perhaps I should add some floating text to it.  I don't mind people visiting while I'm not there.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.