Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Adding the BOM button was somewhat the point of the 4.5 update, so this is doubtful.

But I believe BOM itself is actually just a texture - so if you learn it's UUID, you might be able to make an omega applier for it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get yourself the Catwa or Omega dev kit so you can make your own appliers. 
Then you can apply the following constants (you can often use the names of the constants instead of the UUID)

  • IMG_USE_BAKED_HEAD ( 5a9f4a74-30f2-821c-b88d-70499d3e7183 )
  • IMG_USE_BAKED_EYES ( 52cc6bb6-2ee5-e632-d3ad-50197b1dcb8a )

They are the important ones. Note that if you don't want to use system (or BoM) eyes, you simply do not add IMG_USE_BAKED_EYES and leave that at the default value. Although without BoM eyes, you will have to use an alpha to hide the eyes (and only the eyes!)

You can read a bit more about BoM in the article below.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clone00345 said:

Is there a BOM relay for Catwa heads that are older than v4.5? I am looking but can't find it. Thanks.

With the older Catwa heads, you can still use Bom provided that you have thew Catwa Omega relay and an Omega>Bom converter. There's a free Omega converter here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-Add-Ons-Applier-Tools/10734638. You'll still have to pay for the Catwa relay.

Wear the head, wear the Catwa-Omega relay. Click the relay. Then wear the Omega-BOM converter, click it. Your head will turn red; that means it's worked, so take off the head alpha layer and you're ready to go.

But if you upgrade your head to the latest version you won't have to mess with any of this, or pay extra, you just click a button on the hud.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

But if you upgrade your head to the latest version you won't have to mess with any of this, or pay extra, you just click a button on the hud.

By upgrade to latest version you mean buy a new head? I did a redelivery a few days ago on my old head but it was still v4.0, and it looks like the BoM update starts with heads v4.5. 

Another quick question. If I use the Omega relays, the skins on the hud that came with old head will not work anymore, right? I can barely understand this BoM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clone00345 said:

By upgrade to latest version you mean buy a new head? I did a redelivery a few days ago on my old head but it was still v4.0, and it looks like the BoM update starts with heads v4.5. 

Another quick question. If I use the Omega relays, the skins on the hud that came with old head will not work anymore, right? I can barely understand this BoM. 

If you got a redelivery a few days ago and it's still 4.0, you either opened the wrong box, or your particular head hasn't been upgraded to 4.5 yet. Contact a Catwa CSR such as @Skell Dagger for clarification.

And you are partially correct on the second part; if you go BOM, it will use the skin you're wearing on the system layer instead of the applier skin. If your preferred skin does not have a system skin, and you can't find a suitable replacement elsewhere, then maybe you're not ready for BOM yet. But going BOM isn't an irreversible decision; you can try it and if you don't like it, all you need to do is put the alpha back on and re-apply an applier skin from your Catwa hud or from a third party, and you'll go back to how it was before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@clone00345 You can update your Catwa v4.0 head to v4.5 for free at one of the redelivery terminals in the store. The terminals look like this. Just redeliver your original purchase, unpack it, and your update will be inside. To transfer your look from the old head to the new head, follow this video.

If you don't want to update and make use of the new BOM button on the skins tab of the v4.5 Master HUD, then you can pick up the free Catwa BOM relay from the gift room at the store. It's a group gift, so you'll need to be in one of the (free-to-join) Catwa groups, then click the relevant small box for your group beneath the bigger ad for the relay. An Omega relay is not needed in order to use the Catwa BOM relay and activate BOM on any Catwa head. It works as a standalone.

For the record: ALL Catwa Bento heads - male and female - are now v4.5. Non-Bento heads are v4.10 (female) and v4.11 (male). Non-Bento heads will not have their HUDs included to include a BOM button. They require use of the BOM relay HUD.

Edited by Skell Dagger
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, clone00345 said:

I did a redelivery a few days ago on my old head but it was still v4.0, and it looks like the BoM update starts with heads v4.5.

10 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

If you got a redelivery a few days ago and it's still 4.0, you either opened the wrong box, or your particular head hasn't been upgraded to 4.5 yet.

Just coming back to this, now that I have had time to re-read thoroughly and am not bashing out a quick response to the original question before I have to go do something else!

@clone00345 The redelivery terminal will always send you a package that appears to be the version number of your original purchase. You clearly made your purchase when the head was at v4.0. The terminal is not scripted to increment up every time there's an update, purely because it can only redeliver the name of the item that you originally bought. Catwa has to load the update bags named in a specific way so that they appear to be your original purchase, because that's the way her system works. That's why I stated in my response to "redeliver your original purchase, unpack it, and your update will be inside." Never go by what the unpacked, redelivered item name says; always open it and then you'll find your update inside.

@Matty Luminos All of the Bento heads have been v4.5 since Dec 2019 :)

 

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool. I have the v4.5 now. And more questions. Is there a tutorial on how to use the new hud? I mean its based on appliers system, right? And BoM doesn't use appliers anymore? I clicked the skins tab and tried to apply one of the skins from the hud and it made my head look weird. Lipstick also looks a bit funky. Am I missing something? A video or some kind of tutorial would be helpful. I searched youtube but the most recent video on catwa heads in there is from six months ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Catwa isn't a real BOM system.

They're just using an applier to apply the BOM texture to your skin onion layer.

A real BOM system removes the onion layers and applies the BOM texture to a single mesh layer - thereby reducing lag. Keeping onion layers means this simulated BOM system just increases or keeps lag as it is.

 

From there...

you need to wear an old fashioned system skin, and remove your alpha-mask.

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for a body skin to match the skins in the HUD on new Catwa head. I got a demo of body skins from The Skinnery, and here is what happens when I wear first the demo for body skin and then click on one of the skins in the new head HUD: 

e97f82eaa1e26cb3f92adfca9a508bca.png

 

Then I click on BOM button on the new head HUD and the head changes into this:

 

87cefd85f32b44488034e5c338c34879.png

 

How can I fix this?

Edited by xBFFx
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xBFFx said:

I am looking for a body skin to match the skins in the HUD on new Catwa head. I got a demo of body skins from The Skinnery, and here is what happens when I wear first the demo for body skin and then click on one of the skins in the new head HUD: 

Then I click on BOM button on the new head HUD and the head changes into this:

How can I fix this?

There is nothing to fix, this is exactly what is supposed to happen. 

You click one of the skins in the head HUD and those skins are non-BoM. The skin applies to your head the way it is supposed to. So now you need an alpha to hide your head (head alpha).

When you clicked the BoM button, the head's skin changed to the "magic texture" which makes it so that your head will display the system skin that you are wearing, which in your case is a super basic system skin. (note that if you wear a head alpha in this mode, your head would turn bright red).

This is exactly what is expected. So if you want your skin to look good AND you want to use BoM at the same time, you need to buy yourself a BoM specific skin.
Note: Some people get pretty good results with a decent classic system skin instead of a special BoM one, but those usually show issues with fingernails and toenails so this is not recommended unless you routinely wear gloves and closed-toe shoes 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

There is nothing to fix, this is exactly what is supposed to happen. 

You click one of the skins in the head HUD and those skins are non-BoM. The skin applies to your head the way it is supposed to. So now you need an alpha to hide your head (head alpha).

When you clicked the BoM button, the head's skin changed to the "magic texture" which makes it so that your head will display the system skin that you are wearing, which in your case is a super basic system skin. (note that if you wear a head alpha in this mode, your head would turn bright red).

This is exactly what is expected. So if you want your skin to look good AND you want to use BoM at the same time, you need to buy yourself a BoM specific skin.
Note: Some people get pretty good results with a decent classic system skin instead of a special BoM one, but those usually show issues with fingernails and toenails so this is not recommended unless you routinely wear gloves and closed-toe shoes 🙂

Thanks for the explanation. So basically the skins from body and head huds do not work anymore if you wear a BOM body. But why dont they put it in the note cards that come with updated bodies and heads. They do explain in what order to put things on but they don't explain where the things suppose to come from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...