Maitreya 5.1 Help

G3orginaRos3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been having a problems for the past 2-3 days with the Maitreya body. For some reason the arms, upper legs and lower legs don't hide when I click for them to hide in the HUD, instead a part of the shoulders hide (for the arms) and a part of the upper legs hide, lower legs aren't responsive. Bc of this, the skin shows through on tops and pants. The Maitreya Lara group have been very kind in helping me but their suggestions haven't worked so far. I am also wearing the Maitreya Alpha that came with 5.1.

This is what I have tried:

- Loaded the old body and re-loaded the new version.

- Refreshed attachments under avatar health

- reset all scripts in the HUD

- clean installed Firestorm

- got a re-delivery.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 5.57.20 PM.png

Sounds more like a problem on your side, not on the bodies side. Is your internet slow maybe? Problems with upload speed?

Have you tried restarting your router?

And does it only happen on the body or are other huds or SL in general slower than usual too?

Last tine I had an issue like this, it was because the region needed a re-start. Try using your hud in a script-enabled sandbox instead of at home. If it works in the sandbox, your region needs restarting. If it doesn't, there is sonething wrong with your internet connection.

This happened a few times for me throughout my Maitreya experience (and any other body I used), usually what it is, is that the HUD and body fail to sync. Re-sync them by going to Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Refresh Attachments.

Also make sure that you're in a region where scripts are allowed, and that it's not too laggy.

Edit: just actually read the post.

Um, unsure of why that is, but I agree with Matty that it might be your connection. I never had the issue myself, and I'm unsure of how I'd go about recreating it.

Edited by Orwar

11 hours ago, G3orginaRos3 said:

I've been having a problems for the past 2-3 days with the Maitreya body. For some reason the arms, upper legs and lower legs don't hide when I click for them to hide in the HUD, instead a part of the shoulders hide (for the arms) and a part of the upper legs hide, lower legs aren't responsive. Bc of this, the skin shows through on tops and pants. The Maitreya Lara group have been very kind in helping me but their suggestions haven't worked so far. I am also wearing the Maitreya Alpha that came with 5.1.

This is what I have tried:

- Loaded the old body and re-loaded the new version.

- Refreshed attachments under avatar health

- reset all scripts in the HUD

- clean installed Firestorm

- got a re-delivery.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 5.57.20 PM.png

Hi there, that HUD is for the 4.0 version, not the 5.xx version. The 5.xx version doesn't have alpha save slots along the bottom. So that's why your body isn't responding. Make sure to wear the new HUD that goes with the new (5.xx) body.  That "should" solve it for you.

Edited to add: Actually, that looks like maybe you have both of them on? I say that because the upper portion of that HUD is correct for the 5.xx, but the lower portion with the alpha save slots is from the 4.xx version.  Here's a side by side snapshot of the 5.xx on the left and 4.xx on the right.  https://gyazo.com/0e56c2aa6bc9255af915fc29fbec6ad6

Edited: Ok, I'm totally wrong. I didn't have the newest HUD for the Maitreya 5.xx version. That is the 5.1 HUD. I missed the update, so you ARE wearing the correct HUD.  Possibly not the matching body? So sorry, it is quite confusing with the various versions.  The only way I can get those results is by combining the 4.1 body with the 5.1 HUD.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Added a note to correct error!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you get the exact same results with a freshly unpacked body then the issue isn't with the body or the hud. The issue is a viewer issue, a settings issue (not likely though) or a cache issue. If you did an actual clean reinstall of FS where you manually deleted all your FS cache files then I'm at a loss; however, if you just reinstalled FS and didn't not MANUALLY delete all the FS cache and settings files then that would be my recommendation. Also, connection issues have been known to make rendering of objects iffy; however, if everything else is loading fine and you're not noticing lag then I'd suspect the issue is caused by something else.

11 minutes ago, G3orginaRos3 said:

OK Folks!! It was me... @Arwen Serpente is right. IDK how it happened bc I thought i took it off... But I had both bodies on and using 5.1 HUD. ugh, annoyed at myself, but i really checked...

Ok thank you again. and sorry to have bothered everybody like this.

You don't know until you ask for help and it so easy to do however glad you got fixed.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.