How do Gacha machines work?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, VonWulfen said:

Hello all.

I am at the Ex Machina store. I came to get a few items but wanted to try the Gacha machine first. I paid the 50L but nothing at all happened?

Decided to hold off buying the items I came for in case it takes my money but does not provide the goods.

The same way gumball machines work. You put money in and no matter how many times you pull that handle, you never get the one you want. One armed bandits.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

They are not considered a rip off. You get an item in each box, and you can sell or trade them for what you want. 

Some cases they are. I have seen a few in my in world travels that had a sign indicating what could be in them and an added sentence there's a chance you could get zilch.

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The same way gumball machines work. You put money in and no matter how many times you pull that handle, you never get the one you want. One armed bandits.

Precisely. SL's version of a loot box.

• Like 4

On 3/4/2020 at 6:42 PM, VonWulfen said:

Hello all.

I am at the Ex Machina store. I came to get a few items but wanted to try the Gacha machine first. I paid the 50L but nothing at all happened?

Decided to hold off buying the items I came for in case it takes my money but does not provide the goods.

they are a scam. look at the marketplace first.  before I decided it was a scam I spent a good deal of linden on those stupid machines. LL should ban them from inworld for gambling. Because that is what they are. Just look at how flooded the MP is with the stuff.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
I can not access gaming sims from my place in rl
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

they are a scam. look at the marketplace first.  before I decided it was a scam I spent a good deal of linden on those stupid machines. LL should ban them from inworld for gambling. Because that is what they are. Just look at how flooded the MP is with the stuff.

I really do see your point. From now on I shall only use them if every item they contain would be suitable for my collection :)

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 12:15 PM, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Some cases they are. I have seen a few in my in world travels that had a sign indicating what could be in them and an added sentence there's a chance you could get zilch.

I am a high-volume Second Life shopper oh, and I have never seen a gacha machine say that you would not receive one item. You should probably make a screencap of that, and report it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.