Conversion rate of USD to AUD

TempestKittie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just wondering why recently the conversion rate is $10 higher than the actual rate. I just paid $40 USD for 10500L. With the current conversion rate 40 USD = 60 AUD. Yet I'm being charged $70 AUD. Can someone explain where the extra $10 is coming from???? 

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

And PayPal may charge a conversion fee also.

What does your LindeX Purchase History show for the GROSS US$ and NET US $:

image.png.3353463d9d68af2c835239c101455714.png

The difference between those two is the LL fee.  The difference between the NET US$ and whatever you truly paid would be on the PayPal side.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Im aussie and ive never heard of VAT.. so no..? .. our GST and taxing are included into prices when we buy anything here in real life. 

Im finally glad i found another aussie with the exact same issue i am having.. ive been on sl for 2 years now, and to be honest i still dont fully know how all this exchange and fee stuff goes... and it seems very few are willing to dicuss and teach others from other countries on how it works, if there was an aussie group or team that understands, please hit me up..because I need to be told aussie to aussie.. And just like the OP.. I am paying like $10-20 more than american dollars.. somethings gotta give yanno? .. why are we paying that much more for the SAME amount of lindens that an american buys? Our lindens should reflect what we buy.. not just reflect on what americans buy

Ive searched high and low online to find aussies that are tired of being ripped off for our money.. yes I do want to keep playing sl but i would like to see my lindens refect the obscene money i hand over. 

I will also gladly provide various screenshots on request as proof.

5 minutes ago, xBaeBeex said:

Im aussie and ive never heard of VAT.. so no..? .. our GST and taxing are included into prices when we buy anything here in real life. 

Im finally glad i found another aussie with the exact same issue i am having.. ive been on sl for 2 years now, and to be honest i still dont fully know how all this exchange and fee stuff goes... and it seems very few are willing to dicuss and teach others from other countries on how it works, if there was an aussie group or team that understands, please hit me up..because I need to be told aussie to aussie.. And just like the OP.. I am paying like $10-20 more than american dollars.. somethings gotta give yanno? .. why are we paying that much more for the SAME amount of lindens that an american buys? Our lindens should reflect what we buy.. not just reflect on what americans buy

Ive searched high and low online to find aussies that are tired of being ripped off for our money.. yes I do want to keep playing sl but i would like to see my lindens refect the obscene money i hand over. 

From the official wiki 

Who is charged VAT or GST?

Only Residents who live in the countries listed below are charged VAT or GST. These countries allow people and companies to register for VAT or GST exemption, which we abide by.

List of Countries and Areas Subject to VAT or GST

Australia (GST)

member countries of the European Union

Norway

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

Here's the Billing Support info.  You can chat with them about the specifics of the transactions.

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

VAT is added. I wondered about the conversion rate too and calculated a little - VAT + fees. Didn't match though - too low - but pointing into the right direction.
I miss a detailed bill - mandantory in my country - obviously not in the states.

So I can't be quite sure but as lomg as it's too low I have no reason to complain. I'll continue to watch it. 😎

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.