Finally, my very own Victorian home!

VonWulfen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Careful if you wanted the PG one - the full set price for PG is $775 (so pay that and you get refunded half).  The Adult set costs $875.

(edited to add) Oops, those prices I quoted were for the November set, not the one you pictured.  My mistake :)

Edited by Cimri Weston
wrong info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Kitchen and bath is the interesting things. Are they normally heavy?

Haven't ever looked at the kitchen and bath things. Other things (I think there are three creators? so maybe one particular person with the heavy mesh, not sure) made my heart stop almost they were so high in triangles.   LOVELY, no arguments there; but I don't want decor that is journeying its way up to a million triangles.  So no purchases LOL.    Thanks for the info though on the sale. Odd that I didn't see any signs about it at the shop.   I may venture back later and see if I can find something that I "need" that isn't too primmy.   

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

We have created a monster.... 🤣

But half price is good. If you are in doubt, you have many, many days to think about it.

Im afraid I could not wait :) 

I purchased quite a few things lol. Will post pics as I decorate each room.

Ill Start with the study. Its not finished yet but is coming along nicely :)

Its a mix of inspirations based on, Sherlock Holmes, Allan Quatermain (the explorer), HP Lovecraft, among others :)

Edit: I also made my first item, the big rug :)

Study_001.jpg

Study 2_001.jpg

Edited by VonWulfen
  • Like 13

39 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Its a mix of inspirations based on, Sherlock Holmes, Allan Quatermain (the explorer), HP Lovecraft, among others :)

As you're into natural history displays, have you seen this? (The source includes some really nice insect illustrations.) 

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Kitchen and bath is the interesting things. Are they normally heavy?

Laq has a bath with 3 Li i think, with optional curtains and table  ( ups Li of course :)) and some other decent LI items as furniture

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

Laq has a bath with 3 Li i think, with optional curtains and table  ( ups Li of course :))

I've used Laq again and again. An oldie (in SL years) but good. I needed something else.

@Chic Aeontalked about high complexity, that the furniture may create lag. "Also, some of their items are BEYOND HEAVY in the mesh triangle area".

So I turned on wireframe in the shop, but the kitchen furniture looked not better or worse than other furniture. Some decorative items was very complex, but not the main parts.

I am more trusting if items rez immediately, or if they stay grey a long time, you know? I think that's a sign of good furniture.

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I've used Laq again and again. An oldie (in SL years) but good. I needed something else.

@Chic Aeontalked about high complexity, that the furniture may create lag. "Also, some of their items are BEYOND HEAVY in the mesh triangle area".

So I turned on wireframe in the shop, but the kitchen furniture looked not better or worse than other furniture. Some decorative items was very complex, but not the main parts.

I am more trusting if items rez immediately, or if they stay grey a long time, you know? I think that's a sign of good furniture.

You can check the triangle count as well as how many textures easily by right clicking > Object > Inspect and you will get this pane (in Firestorm anyway) that tells the story.   Some small items (unfortunately) can be VERY HEAVY and still only one land impact.  After you look at a lot of items (and I know you do) you can easily get a sense of what is "too much" and what is "reasonable". This is an individual choice dependent on how you use your items and how hefty your computer is :D.  

image.thumb.png.eedb29dbc36dd82a5d62e28f628663eb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

As you're into natural history displays, have you seen this? (The source includes some really nice insect illustrations.) 

Many thanks. I shall give it a good read while sitting on my new veranda :)

• Like 2

Well, I have almost finished setting up home. Just the upstairs landing and my bedroom to finish. The guest bedroom, hallway, study, and drawing room are more or less finished bar a few wall hangings and paintings. I still have over 100 LI left so I can collect paintings and the odd curiosities I discover while exploring :)

I believe the house is now in a fit state to receive visitors :) 

Please feel free to drop by, you are all very welcome :)

Study 4_001.png

• Like 7

On 3/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, VonWulfen said:

Study_001.jpg

Study 2_001.jpg

absolutely love all the details in this and the fireplace- way to go all in on a theme!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VonWulfen said:

Well, I have almost finished setting up home. Just the upstairs landing and my bedroom to finish. The guest bedroom, hallway, study, and drawing room are more or less finished bar a few wall hangings and paintings. I still have over 100 LI left so I can collect paintings and the odd curiosities I discover while exploring :)

I believe the house is now in a fit state to receive visitors :) 

Please feel free to drop by, you are all very welcome :)

Study 4_001.png

Love your design, congratulations, it looks really well, I love the mix of green/wood/red

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well done,  @VonWulfen, you have done splendidly.  Your home looks rich, inviting, yet cosy.  The very place in which to plan daring exploits and exotic travel, or contemplate scientific condundrums. 

Quiet so Lady Psaltery. All thoroughly engrossing pastimes that every Lady & Gentlemen should indulge in :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well done,  @VonWulfen, you have done splendidly.  Your home looks rich, inviting, yet cosy.  The very place in which to plan daring exploits and exotic travel, or contemplate scientific condundrums. 

I think you will appreciate this next pictograph, Planning my next expedition. Notice Dr Livingstones Pith helmet :)

Pith Hat_001.png

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.