Finally, my very own Victorian home!

VonWulfen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Go to PrimPossible and walk around to all the displays. Very many lamps are free to "buy" for 0 linden. Gold chandelier, wood chandelier, iron & wood chandelier and more, modern ones and standing lamps. They are no copy, so buy several ones.

If you are on Firestorm viewer, use area search for chandelier, zoom to them and buy.

Even better, search Primpossible, go to Filter and set "for sale between 0 and 0 linden".

Plus that PrimPossible and MeshPossible has gifts on the Marketplace. :)

Most excellent :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Have you found your way to Noctis yet? Her inworld store is a Victorian delight, with over stuffed rooms that continue across the period street. She's had group gifts in the past, don't know about now, and often takes part in the Historical Hunts (Steam in March, Silk Road in June and Renaissance in September). Had a look for you and she isn't on the blog for the current one though :(  You might find something else you can use, not all gifts are pictured. https://historicalhunts.blogspot.com/

Many many thanks. I have not visited Noctis yet so look forward to the visit :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VonWulfen said:

Fantastic! What is the process for taking a sample? I watched a few more episodes last night. It was then I realised the colour I was thinking of was from the government offices in 'The Greek Interpreter ' episode.

What is a mod paint shell by the way?

There are a number of color palette apps and websites; I use Pocket Palette for iPhone. Within the app you can pull in an image/screengrab that you've saved to your camera roll, and then sample it. (This can be a bit imprecise for very small areas .) Each palette you save can include up to 9 colors. Clicking on a saved palette brings up the color block screen I'd posted previously.

Basically, shells are duplicate versions of the walls in your house that sit in front of the actual walls by a pixel or two. They can be colored from available choices via an interface that you attach to yourself as a HUD. And some shells are able to accept textures like wallpaper or brick (in other words, they can be MODified beyond the choices given by the shell's creator), giving you more options to personalize your space. (See example below, using a mod paint shell for the Adams trad.) The builders here can provide more technical explanations. (Along with tutorials to make your own!)

Just to be clear - as you have the ability to color every wall in a Vic precisely as you want, the only reason to buy/make a paint shell would be to use textures for *wallpaper*. (The trads are limited in the available colors, and one color needs to be used throughout unless you use a shell.)

pocket.jpg

pocket2.jpg

HILLHOUSE13.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
clarification
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

There are a number of color palette apps and websites; I use Pocket Palette for iPhone. Within the app you can pull in an image/screengrab that you've saved to your camera roll, and then sample it. (This can be a bit imprecise for very small areas .) Each palette you save can include up to 9 colors. Clicking on a saved palette brings up the color block screen I'd posted previously.

Basically, shells are duplicate versions of the walls in your house that sit in front of the actual walls by a pixel or two. They can be colored from available choices via an interface that you attach to yourself as a HUD. And some shells are able to accept textures like wallpaper or brick (in other words, they can be MODified beyond the choices given by the shell's creator), giving you more options to personalize your space. (See example below, using a mod paint shell for the Adams trad.) The builders here can provide more technical explanations. (Along with tutorials to make your own!)

Just to be clear - as you have the ability to color every wall in a Vic precisely as you want, the only reason to buy/make a paint shell would be to use textures for *wallpaper*. (The trads are limited in the available colors, and one color needs to be used throughout unless you use a shell.)

pocket.jpg

pocket2.jpg

HILLHOUSE13.JPG

Thank you so much. I very much appreciate the help :)

13 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i wouldn't spend a lot on just one event but go to real shops, join groups ..
for example "what next" ( has a load of freebies! .. and quite neutral style of items ( from plants to coffemakers and lawnmower to cuddle cushions)
another one where i go is "la Galleria" húge store for furniture, houses( not really for Bellaiii..sorry Beth, ), decor, and ver nice details for decor.
Don't forget to Apple Fall ( in special on monday, they pull a few names on that day for a shopping gift)
Use MP .. set the max of Li you want your search to show.. keep low, but watch you keep quality too..
What i see sometimes is people spend 100 LI to one or two cars, 70 to a bed .. prefer a high lighted and blinging 100 Li animated tree, and than keep the rest of the home empty because there's nothing left..
oh and for garden .. Studio Skye for the grasses and trees ... and look for Reid Parkin in search for the landmarks for flowers ...

i keep editting and adding :)
for a little critter in your garden.. a wanderer or attachable.. have a look at Jian .. :)

i have no home where you don't find at least some of the items by these creators.

Oh and.... i do like N4RS for furniture .. the store has a bit name to be aimed at gay users, but nearly all what Alecat makes is also available for straight and other mixes.

[edit 25 i think by now]

don't forget lot of people here are collecting items, furniture, decor, for many years already, we sometimes don't even have to think to search, we simply know..for X we go to store Y.. for W we go to store B ... and things like... for some stores we know they show items inworld but only sell at MP

I shall follow this advice by asking here before I set off on another shopping expedition.

My first room is starting to take shape (See pic).

I would like 2 worn armchairs to place before the fireplace. Not too worn but have that lived in look.

Some rugs, picture frames (where I can add my own paintings) and a suitable small bench or table to place my terrarium.

Suggestions most welcome :)

Edit: I would also need potted plants of varying sizes :)

First room_001.jpg

Edited by VonWulfen
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

I would like 2 worn armchairs to place before the fireplace. Not too worn but have that lived in look.

Some rugs, picture frames (where I can add my own paintings) and a suitable small bench or table to place my terrarium.

Suggestions most welcome :)

In terms of picture frames, while you won't need it for this room, Fancy Decor does a grouping, including oval frames, for ~$125. The best bit, besides the ability to use your own images, is that the whole group is only 1LI. If you join the Fancy Decor group (~$200, I think), you can then pick up a number of free gifts, including some nicely done photo frames (not wall frames), and the leaning mirror and the leaning group of paintings, which can be useful for filling in a space. Each is only 1LI. 

framegroup.JPG

leaningart.JPG

leaningmirror.JPG

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

In terms of picture frames, while you won't need it for this room, Fancy Decor does a grouping, including oval frames, for ~$125. The best bit, besides the ability to use your own images, is that the whole group is only 1LI. If you join the Fancy Decor group (~$200, I think), you can then pick up a number of free gifts, including some nicely done photo frames (not wall frames), and the leaning mirror and the leaning group of paintings, which can be useful for filling in a space. Each is only 1LI. 

framegroup.JPG

leaningart.JPG

leaningmirror.JPG

Many thanks yet again :) I will pay them a visit immediately.

Mithral Apothecary has lots of green plants. They also participate in one of the many weekly sales.

I have seen them in the 30 L Saturdays.

It is so, so many sales. It is like a job to keep up.

25 L Tuesdays is also a good group. Simply Shelby is often participating. It is really cheap with 25 Li for what can be a large grouping of flowers. Not every time, but sometimes. Her offers has given me lots and lots of plants, since I edit and unlink them and plant them again. Storax Tree is another store that's often in 25 L Tuesdays.

Fifty L Fridays can have interesting tings, it is often 2 or 3 home and garden products. From Consignment, Fancy Decor, DDD and others.

Hello Tuesday can have furniture to half the price.

Manly Weekend can have furniture, I picked up some from Fancy Decor there, an nice console table and a lamp.

Then it is Happy Weekend Sale. They have had 2 kitchens the last month, I think.

Have we talked about DDD? They have a wall of group gifts. I am not sure if it's many that are Victorian themed, but they have a round table with a tablecloth that's easy to use. They have like super low land impact items, like the Cozy Stag Console (1 Li!!). Meridienne Chaise Lounge for 2 Li, tables 1 Li each.... Take a look at the marketplace, but buy inworld. After you joined the group, if you shop with the tag active you get a discount.

Sometimes I am just... wow... about all the shopping. But I don't drink, smoke, go out, or buy expensive purses in RL, so SL is my hobby. If I bought a big latte 5 times a week, it would cost as much or more than my shopping. And no one would think that was strange.

The page to keep in touch with all the sales is seraphimsl.com.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Apple Fall does a nicely-detailed wingback chair, which has an 'old leather' option; you could probably tint the cream version to another color as well. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apple-Fall-Oxford-Wingback-Chair-Solids/15872370

I very much like the brown leather. I shall summon my coach and pay them a visit :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

My I see them? As Marianne says, I can just use the sitting poses :)

When I say "mine", I mean ones I bought... I don't make anything but trouble!

I have some in the Chintzy Lady, the Victorian brothel on Abrus, from DRD that I really like. I'm at working right now so I can't link you to them but DRD really has some great things. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And DRD has a sale, 50% off. They are expensive so this is good. I bet the store is packed. I must buy more L and go there. So many sales, so little time....

I went over there yesterday and looked around a LOT and saw no sign of there being a sale.   Do we KNOW this is really happening?  Also, some of their items are BEYOND HEAVY in the mesh triangle area so inspecting before buying would be a good plan if you don't want the lag monster in your Belli home LOL.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

When I say "mine", I mean ones I bought... I don't make anything but trouble!

I have some in the Chintzy Lady, the Victorian brothel on Abrus, from DRD that I really like. I'm at working right now so I can't link you to them but DRD really has some great things. 

Ah, ok many thanks :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And DRD has a sale, 50% off. They are expensive so this is good. I bet the store is packed. I must buy more L and go there. So many sales, so little time....

Im on my way there as soon as I log back in :)

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I went over there yesterday and looked around a LOT and saw no sign of there being a sale.   Do we KNOW this is really happening?  Also, some of their items are BEYOND HEAVY in the mesh triangle area so inspecting before buying would be a good plan if you don't want the lag monster in your Belli home LOL.   

Fake news? Maybe it is over already. I heard it in the DRD group. They talked about the sale, a full store with lag, and that they went back later and shopped.

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Kitchen and bath is the interesting things. Are they normally heavy?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DRD-November-Corridor-Armchair-Brown-PG/16562375

This is a very nice worn leather chair from DRD, which is also part of a nice set.  The sale is still ongoing (I picked up a lot there last night).  The way it works is, you pay full price for the item (all seem to be on sale) and then are refunded half of the purchase price back.  All mine ended up being half price.

• Like 1

From group:

To celebrate the Opening we are holding a massive sale!
50% off ( funds will be refunded after purchase- cashback sale)
info : https://www.flickr.com/photos/jaimyhancroft/49615913796/in/dateposted/
join our discord ! https://discord.gg/G3RW5m9
This Sale runs from March 4th untill March 18th to give you some time to not miss this one and explore the new shop layout to your hearts content!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.