Lindens

EzhnoMahkahAkecheta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, RavenzClaw said:

I dont know where this is suppose to go, But i have just put 10k on my account and and now i dont have any of it at all. i was about to buy one thing and the rest went away.

On the web dashboard for your account, check the "L$ Transaction History"  (it's under Account on the left sidebar of the dashboard home page).

ETA:  Also, if you look under "Account History/Statements" and then choose the month that the purchase of linden $'s was made (if it wasn't March) you should see 2 entries if the purchase was successful - 1 for the charge to your payment method, and 1 for the linden $ buy transaction). 

Edited by moirakathleen

Check you LindeX Order History.  From your dashboard, under Linden Exchange, click Manage.  I suspect you actually placed an order for L$ instead of an immediate buy.

image.png.29627566e80f0e60704e0568b6016798.png

On the Buy screen, did you enter your purchase on the left side or the right side of the screen?  The left side is an immediate buy, the right side is an order to buy at a specific price.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

@RavenzClaw,

You're getting good advice here, but it's piecemeal and could be confusing.  Let's take this one step at a time.

You purchased $L10,000.  Check to see what has happened with this transaction.

1.   Go to your Dashboard page.  Click LindEx > Manage > LindEx Order History.  If this indicates you have an open order, then most likely you made a "Limit Buy" offer, as LittleMe suggests.  When you do this, money is taken from your credit card or PayPal account and placed in escrow, until the exchange rate gets to the level you offered to buy at.  If the rate never gets there, your order will remain open...forever.  However, if you get tired of waiting, you can cancel that order, and then simply click Buy, and select "Market Buy", the box on the LEFT, as your preference.
  2. If there aren't any open orders, then the transaction was filled, and you got the $L10,000.  Assuming that's what happened, then...
  3. Go to Account > Account History/Statements, set a date range to cover the last few days.  This should show that the $L arrived in your account.
  4. Next, go to $L Transaction History.  Set a date range to cover the period of interest.  This will show you where the $L went.  There are a couple of possibilities.
    1. Maybe LL figured you owed them money.  If it appears they took the money, call Billing at 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.
    2. If the money appears to have been paid to another resident, and ESPECIALLY if other recent payments show as having been made to the same resident, then you may be the victim of a nasty scam.  In this scam, you are given an object.  When you wear or rez it, it asks permission to take $L from you.  IF YOU CLICKED ACCEPT, it can drain your account, and continue to do so as long as the object is rezzed in world.  If you suspect this, immediately follow the steps here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)   and call the LL Fraud Hotline at 800-860-6990.  (Also, if you still have access to the object, find it and delete it as soon as you can.  If it is only in your inventory, it's safe.  If it's transferable, hang on to it.  LL may want to inspect it.)
    3. Maybe you just bought a lot more shoes than you remembered.  In that case...just buy more $L, and keep a tighter rein on your shopping habits!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.