Good quality, low impact Victorian furniture?

VonWulfen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Hello all.

Could I get some suggestions for good quality, low impact Victorian furniture stores please?

I have found Ex Machina, some wonderful furniture but I would very much like to explore other stores as well.

Cheers :) 

You'll find lots of good ideas here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/446932-new-furniture-for-victorians/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonWulfen said:

Hello all.

Could I get some suggestions for good quality, low impact Victorian furniture stores please?

I have found Ex Machina, some wonderful furniture but I would very much like to explore other stores as well.

Cheers :) 

Hi, I am a part-time antiques and collectibles dealer who worked mostly with English, French and Irish antiques.  I also am one of the early designers and creators of Shabby Chic, working in stores and Ebay before Shabby Chic even had a name.  

You can check my store by viewing my inworld profile.   My stuff is always very low prim/low impact and discount.

I wanted to tell you that Victorian furniture is not really English.  Queen Victoria had a passion for French antiques and commissioned reproductions of King Louis XVI furniture (French).   

Look at this link here of King Louis XVI furniture and you will see it looks Victorian.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=king+lous+xvi+furniture&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjZpfjOv4HoAhULOKwKHeYyC6kQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=king+lous+xvi+furniture&gs_l=img.3...7814.9536..9939...0.0..0.140.1252.0j10......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i10i30.fcv7kyKvhfM&ei=1PlfXtnrK4vwsAXm5azICg&bih=626&biw=1120&hl=en

So, don't forget to check French furniture too!  As to the console in the link above...I am making designs for one now and hope to have it soon.  It's pretty!

I love antiques in both rl and sl and I can tell you of some of the best "antique" creators I've encountered in SL thus far for antiques are:  Dust Bunny, Apple Fall and Hive.  Some may be gachas so check the perms and read the details in case you do not want a gacha.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Hi, I am a part-time antiques and collectibles dealer who worked mostly with English, French and Irish antiques.  I also am one of the early designers and creators of Shabby Chic, working in stores and Ebay before Shabby Chic even had a name.  

You can check my store by viewing my inworld profile.   My stuff is always very low prim/low impact and discount.

I wanted to tell you that Victorian furniture is not really English.  Queen Victoria had a passion for French antiques and commissioned reproductions of King Louis XVI furniture (French).   

Look at this link here of King Louis XVI furniture and you will see it looks Victorian.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=king+lous+xvi+furniture&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjZpfjOv4HoAhULOKwKHeYyC6kQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=king+lous+xvi+furniture&gs_l=img.3...7814.9536..9939...0.0..0.140.1252.0j10......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i10i30.fcv7kyKvhfM&ei=1PlfXtnrK4vwsAXm5azICg&bih=626&biw=1120&hl=en

So, don't forget to check French furniture too!  As to the console in the link above...I am making designs for one now and hope to have it soon.  It's pretty!

I love antiques in both rl and sl and I can tell you of some of the best "antique" creators I've encountered in SL thus far for antiques are:  Dust Bunny, Apple Fall and Hive.  Some may be gachas so check the perms and read the details in case you do not want a gacha.  

Many thanks. I was aware that "Victorian" is a generic term. I also have a passion for early colonial, Napoleonic amongst other periods.

I very much look forward to visiting your store :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.