Sign in to follow this  
Meredith8888

sex club monitor issue?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm very curious what others think and wanted to give a general breakdown of what happened...

My bf and I were at a sex sim.  Its a sim where rlv, slave stuff, etc is accepted.  Please keep in mind...  I was wearing BENTO BUNNY EARS.  This point becomes important in the story.  So...  My bf and I are a engaged in a sexual act.  No one else was around we could see.  Its a very large sim and there were very few people on the sim.  So...  In the mist of my bf and I 'engaged' someone starts watching us.  This person watched us for a long time...  It was to the point that my bf and I were talking about it to each other.  But it is a sex sim so people can watch obviously.

So...  The person watching turns out to be the monitor of the sim at that moment I guess.  And the monitor says to me, 'Hey your supposed to be human.'  Again...  Keep in mind...  My bf and I and in the middle of, engaged, focused on the act we are in the mist of...  So...  I don't respond at first.  The monitor continues watching.  Then he messages me again, 'You have to be human to be here.  Your not human.'  If anyone has ever had this happen then u know...  I'm watching whats going on, I'm dealing with the controls and at that point I'm trying to explain to my bf whats going on with the monitor.  After speaking to my bf i did respond to the manager stating, 'the ears are bento, I'm human.'  To be clear there are no rules about bento ears being worn.  But the monitor responded again to me, 'ooo, well next time don't wear them.'  And he said other stuff i can't recall.  Again keeping in mind I'm engaged in the act with my bf.  

Time is going by and he monitor continues watching.  The monitor then made a couple comments to my bf.  Again ENGAGED in act....  And my bf reacts in a way that told the man we are 'busy' and to leave us alone.  The monitor then decided to start to argue with my bf which started getting intense.  And the monitor then blocks my bf.

This is the thing that my bf and I discussed afterwards.  We understand its a sex sim.  We know what goes on...  But, my main problem was...  Should a sex sim monitor interrupt in the middle of an obvious sex act, watch the entire time to the point that its obvious its not someone that happens to be there just viewing u.  Thinking back on it I really feel the monitor should have waited to approach me until afterward, or sent one message.  And I don't feel he should have started arguing with my bf and blocked him.

You are asking a should question. That implies there is some 'universal' standard that applies to the monitor's behavior. There isn't. Not even a local SL standard. And if there were the monitor is ignoring it. Also, sim owners and estate managers can do whatever they want on their land.

What are you hoping to hear?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The ONLY reason to go to a sex sim is to be watched. Otherwise use your own land.

As to the ears... bento doesn't change anything - it's non human ears either way. My ears are bento cat ears... but the key word there is 'cat'. If they want to bar access to any non-human avatar, that's their problem. It's why I have zero-sympathy for a certain slowly failing popular nudist estate despite being an SL nudist. they don't want my ears on premises... forget em.

Lastly...

I'd second guess revisiting any venue that has a 'monitor' on it. If they're employing someone to look for drama... that someone is going to find drama... You will discover that most of these kinds of venues can get by drama free without needing someone who's job it is to make excuses for their presence...

Venues that get hit by actual griefers need temporary fixes to deal with them, not a professional llama...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I'd second guess revisiting any venue that has a 'monitor' on it.

My first thought was "monitor my sweet ass!"  Just some guy sticking his nose in other people's business.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All you can really do is report their behavior to the sim owner and see if they will do anything. More than likely they will not. Bento or not your ears were non-human and some places like to be pure human only places. Anything non-human is not allowed. And the person may have been a stickler for the rules. There are lots of those types of people here in sl. The best bit of advice is never go back, find some place else. There are hundreds/thousands of other places to choose from that are less drama filled.

Unfortunately the way sl works, is that sim owners and anyone on the sim staff list are basically gods, they can do what ever they want including telling you how to behave and how to look if you want to be there or they can eject you if they so wish or ban you. linden labs wont do anything about them doing it either. The common idea is they rented the sim, so they get to set the rules of what is allowed or not regardless of how childish or drama filled or stupid those rules may be to others.

Some of them keep players there to enforce those rules to pander to their ego about how powerful and dominant they are over everyone that comes there. You break a rule, even if no one else but them is around to see it they will whine about it and make threats and demands. Option 1, conform to their rules. Option 2, dont and ignore them and risk being ejected and banned. Option 3, never go back again after learning of their stupid and childish rules.

So now you and you bf have to decide what to do about that place. either not wear the ears or not go back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.