More details on script error

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to have a window pop up (I'm fairly sure...) when there was a run-time script error.  Now I am getting the icon every time I tp, but I cannot seem to find out how to get more information.  It's quite likely that I have turned it off.  How do I get a script debug for this icon warning?

Screenshot from 2020-03-03 15-36-30.png

There's a debug setting for WarningsAsChat.  I have never messed with it, but it looks like a good candidate.  IIRC, there's something wired into the Firestorm viewer as an option too, but again, I haven't messed with that.  When one of my scripts screws up, I usually know pretty much why.  🥴

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

I used to have a window pop up (I'm fairly sure...) when there was a run-time script error.  Now I am getting the icon ...

If you use Firestorm, try and look at: Preferences->Notifications->Report Script Errors in:  () Nearby Chat () Separate Window

14 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Clicking on the icon should bring up the script warnings in a floater.

But it didn't (Firestorm)  which confused me.  I have since traced the problem to a stack overflow in the CTS Wardrobe HUD - easy to fix.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Edited by anna2358
typo

15 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

If you use Firestorm, try and look at: Preferences->Notifications->Report Script Errors in:  () Nearby Chat () Separate Window

Yes, and I have that set to 'Separate Window', but it didn't affect this particular notification caused, I have now discovered, by a stack overflow in the HUD script.  Not able to test 'Nearby Chat' right now.  But thanks for the pointer to the setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.