Gaeta.. is this new?

Heathernorton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This may have been this way for years, but i just noticed it,.. it sure wouldn't be the first time I were late to the party. If you go to the world map and click to the right of Gaeta, it shows up... sorta. I know there were planned developments of more Gaeta continents that have not happened and perhaps this is just reserved spot for these. it is kinda of interesting though, you can click through the map and get an idea of the shape and size of those (shelved?) continents 

image.png.3536173e9ec8ff77e6cea7a45b0adf98.png

image.png.5e94a243c6725b1f54bd42771c93bfa8.png

image.thumb.png.90c6fcc6ecc032dcd2f022fcc1790932.png

image.png.67b61307473da90dc1d8f103ae86e8d8.png

Or it just might be:  

image.png.d312296b6b333c0e59a2bda0f3c1dd82.png

Edited by Heathernorton
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be awesome to see the continent finished and linked up with Corsica\Gaeta IV and the rest of Nautilus\Satori after all these years of seemingly being forgotten. Gaeta is not far at all from the mega continent.

If they are going to do this, I hope they will spare a thought for adding a few other regions for access purposes around the coastline of Corsica to allow easier access to the continents to the south without having to dare some of the tricky passages with banlines\orbs. Last time I checked Shiradin, was a very tricky passage.

• Like 2

i know the continent is very old, i had a store there until recently, but I have never noticed the markers when you click on it in the world map. I am fairly certain I have done that before. it would be exciting to see this finished, even with Linden homes. something about having unfinished continents looks so tacky. Zindra  and Sharp (former teen grid) are like that too, though Sharp seems to be largely a ghost town

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The hidden regions, still reserved for the missing and uncompleted Gaetas, have all been mapped by @4lice Cerise using an online SL map browser by @Eddy Ofarrel

This is my edit of her original map, showing how the Gaeta continents could have looked if circumstances in 2008 had been different....

Gaetas terrain 2.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Heathernorton said:

that's awesome! how did you do that? If SL really expands, I wonder if they will renew those plans. I hate seeing things unfinished. I just wanna go fix it myself, lol

If you pull up the web map, not the inworld one, and then move yourself up to the Gaeta 1 that is currently there, you can start clicking on the areas to the east of it and you will get names of the areas that were planned.  Check out the post that Sarah linked:  

• Like 1

The question is whether this revealing of otherwise apparently void region names on some web based grid maps (not the inworld grid map) has been in place continuously since 2008 or not. If it is a new thing maybe we can dream of the old Gaeta plans being unearthed by LL…?

• Like 1

Gaeta, the Unfinished Continent, says one of the wiki entries.

I'd like to see the southeast corner of Zindra finished off, too. It has land and roads ending in mid-air.

Another neglected continent is Sharp. This used to be the Teen Grid. It has a perfectly good city, Hyperion, but isn't used or visited much.

• Like 2

When Linden Lab was building those lands there was much screaming in the forums and elsewhere that LL was destroying the land market by flooding it with cheap land and devaluing that which the residents had already purchased.  The plans probably died with Blue Linden.

• Thanks 1

I wish LL would work faster with Super Premium. People like myself has wished for Super Premium land instead of Linden homes, with some rules like: No skyboxes under 2000 m, no big privacy screens, no banlines and public land with some landscaping as spacing between the plots. But only plots, so we can use another house.

When I see the map, I thought "Oh, maybe LL could make that to land for SP."

But these dreams about land for Super Premium is just my dreams. LL hasn't unveiled anything about perks for SP.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

When I see the map, I thought "Oh, maybe LL could make that to land for SP."

But these dreams about land for Super Premium is just my dreams. LL hasn't unveiled anything about perks for SP.

I dream about having exclusive access to extra sailing regions in those locations where that would aid navigation or allow travel that currently just stops. For example Bellisseria to Sansara, Bellisseria to South of Satori. A network of VIP sailing regions as a reward for paying LL for an additional membership tier. Not very likely, but I can dream...

17 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

The question is whether this revealing of otherwise apparently void region names on some web based grid maps (not the inworld grid map) has been in place continuously since 2008 or not. If it is a new thing maybe we can dream of the old Gaeta plans being unearthed by LL…?

They have been there and reserved for a long time.  I presume from 2008 when it was being made. I wouldn't raise any hopes they are an indication of any new plans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.