A Prattle of Avatars: A Chronicle of Fabulous Fashion, Glorious Gossip, and Tasteless Coffee

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Nadia Chatterbox said:

Is this Sunday brunch?  I’ve only been to a few and never realized there was a theme 😂 Guess I need to pay better attention 

If you mean the (Forum Cartel) Breakfast Club, this is different --- although many of us go to both. We aren't as organized as they are, for one thing. We usually seem to start more or less after that one is done, although that may vary in the future.

You're absolutely welcome to come to the next one, which is, I think, themed as a pajama party!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I will never again be as cute as I look in this pic, and in @TatianaNikolay's.

It's a little tragic, really.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; you will always be cute to me @Scylla Rhiadra. :) (P.S. Why is it that the most talented of us have skills disproportionate to the belief in themselves, or lack thereof? Riddle me that. A conversation for another place and time perhaps).

🤗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Hi, I would love to attend your soiree. I am new to this world and it would be a wonderful opportunity to learn about all the different looks and cultures :)

Yay! We'd love to see you there!

Keep an eye on this thread: we'll be setting out the details for the next one here sometime on or a little after Thursday!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; you will always be cute to me @Scylla Rhiadra. :) (P.S. Why is it that the most talented of us have skills disproportionate to the belief in themselves, or lack thereof? Riddle me that. A conversation for another place and time perhaps).

🤗

YOU are a sweetheart. Thank you, Rae!

Of course, the real test of my cuteness will come when I'm in my PJs for the upcoming get-together!

• Like 4

Also, for anyone interested in this get together, we also have a discord that people of curiosity are free to join. :3

just ask any of us for an invite to it and you'll get a temporary link.

but we post most updates faster in there, decide meet up stuff in there, and just chat about everything under the sun in there to pass the time until meet days and get to know each other better. ♡

fun way to keep up with friendos.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

YOU are a sweetheart. Thank you, Rae!

Of course, the real test of my cuteness will come when I'm in my PJs for the upcoming get-together!

When is the next event? And would a morning robe and slippers be acceptable?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

When is the next event? And would a morning robe and slippers be acceptable?

26 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I'm not sure on the time/dates yet; I don't believe they've been announced.  But the outfit sounds fine to me!

Times have been announced. ♡

Next meeting is this Sunday with an aim for 10 AM SLT, and with the theme being "pajamas", whatever you think is comfortable to sleep in is fine by me in my book. ^^

Also, for those in our discord, times are in the "party meet ups" channel in the pins. ♡

We don't have a location yet and probably won't until super close to meet day. But I'll happily IM people in world who wanna come and give them a TP over if they're on during meet time.

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 9

52 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Exactly my thoughts. Will be great opportunity to make friends :)

Well, ya welcome to bug me anytime in world if I'm afk then I reply when back at keys! :D Any of you is as I'm pretty placid lass. :) 

• Like 1

Oh goodness I'm glad I stopped to look into this part of the forum tonight. I've been over my head at work for several weeks. Like, drowning which is abnormal for me. I barely have time to do anything let alone spend time on my avatar escapades. Tonight I changed clothing for the first time in weeks. For shame Elora, for shame!

I am now following this thread. By coincidence, Ghosty and I happened to move into a new large piece of land together (believe it not, we have never lived on the same land, ever, although we still have separate houses lol) and as I was setting up my part of it, I started thinking about when Scylla was talking about getting together in a spa style setting and though "Wow, this place, would be perfect for that" and mentioned to G that I'd thought it would be nice to invite people over once I was done setting things up. So, seeing that this is a "thing" makes me happy and I do hope my schedule lightens up enough that I'll be able to join in. I need some me time, badly!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:26 PM, momomoonusagi said:

Times have been announced. ♡

Next meeting is this Sunday with an aim for 10 AM SLT, and with the theme being "pajamas", whatever you think is comfortable to sleep in is fine by me in my book. ^^

Also, for those in our discord, times are in the "party meet ups" channel in the pins. ♡

We don't have a location yet and probably won't until super close to meet day. But I'll happily IM people in world who wanna come and give them a TP over if they're on during meet time.

wowww, I'd love to participate even though I'm sure I could perhaps listen, understanding few words but maybe it could be useful for my awful English 😂

• Like 7

2 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

wowww, I'd love to participate even though I'm sure I could perhaps listen, understanding few words but maybe it could be useful for my awful English 😂

I'd personally love to see you there! ♡ and I think your English, at least in text, is fine--so don't sell yourself short!

I'll for sure try to find you in world when meet time happens!

((Also...just for the record...we have not done any voice chat in our meet ups. It has all so far been just text talk! ♡))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

I'd personally love to see you there! ♡ and I think your English, at least in text, is fine--so don't sell yourself short!

I'll for sure try to find you in world when meet time happens!

((Also...just for the record...we have not done any voice chat in our meet ups. It has all so far been just text talk! ♡))

Talking is hard *nods*

(and in actuality, due to the fact that I answer the phone all day at the office, I can really take or leave voice chat -- the benefits are evenly balanced on the other side by the fact that I'd have to speak coherently)

• Like 3

Is only eloquent in text (and even that is negotiable). In voice I sound like a drunken bogan mumbling from the other side of a brick wall. Throwing in the thick Aussie accent (and way of abbreviating everything like "noos" for news, "owm" for home, "d'no," for I don't know etc) doesn't help. But thank god no one else knows any of this! 🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Is only eloquent in text (and even that is negotiable). In voice I sound like a drunken bogan mumbling from the other side of a brick wall. Throwing in the thick Aussie accent (and way of abbreviating everything like "noos" for news, "owm" for home, "d'no," for I don't know etc) doesn't help. But thank god no one else knows any of this! 🤫

As few know from our Discord server, I occasionally write something and have to explain what I mean; as an example the other night I had to explain the term: "sticky beak" which was funny to explain and I'm one few British girls in there however I still feel very welcome and accepted! :) So I totally get where you from coming from on slang and shorthand native to you.

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.