A Prattle of Avatars: A Chronicle of Fabulous Fashion, Glorious Gossip, and Tasteless Coffee

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

As few know from our Discord server, I occasionally write something and have to explain what I mean; as an example the other night I had to explain the term: "sticky beak" which was funny to explain and I'm one few British girls in there however I still feel very welcome and accepted! :) So I totally get where you from coming from on slang and shorthand native to you.

I'm British, lived in England all my life, and I have never heard of "sticky beak".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I'm British, lived in England all my life, and I have never heard of "sticky beak".

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That's because it is Australian

*Blinks* I never knew that and my mom used that one since I was small child so yeah, not sure where she got it from unless she heard it in Neighbours. :/ 

8 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Or were you talking about a sneaky beaky for covert ops?

Or, cheeki breeki? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That's because it is Australian

^ Can vouch for this (has known a few who qualify as Stickybeaks in my time, or as we oldies sometimes call them, ''Esme Watson's." Will leave that to Google to explain for me 😆)

20 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

de745e3917d720c38a1df72c19c95761.png

I had to look it up, but this is what google said.

Or were you talking about a sneaky beaky for covert ops?

Person who pries into other people's affairs. :) 

Heyo! For all interested in today's meetup, we're still scheduled to Pajama-jama here fairly shortly. We'll be hosted by Tatichan today ((Ajaychan, we are going to raincheck your host offer for when you can be there with us. 💛 ))

So, if anyone would like a TP, please see me (or probably just about any of the regulars) in world with an IM and we'll happily TP ya over!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

Heyo! For all interested in today's meetup, we're still scheduled to Pajama-jama here fairly shortly. We'll be hosted by Tatichan today ((Ajaychan, we are going to raincheck your host offer for when you can be there with us. 💛 ))

So, if anyone would like a TP, please see me (or probably just about any of the regulars) in world with an IM and we'll happily TP ya over!

I am afraid I shall not be able to come to the event today. The items I purchased are not compatible with my body :(

There was very little in the way of Victorian morning wear for gentlemen, and what attire was available was not very good at all.

Please except my sincere apologies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, VonWulfen said:

I am afraid I shall not be able to come to the event today. The items I purchased are not compatible with my body :(

There was very little in the way of Victorian morning wear for gentlemen, and what attire was available was not very good at all.

Please except my sincere apologies.

Thank you or offering an apology, but no need to apologize! These things happen to all of us, no worries. 💛

I'm so sorry to hear that what you bought you couldn't use! We'll have more events for sure that you are of course welcome to attend--and if you happen to find something appropriate for this one, it's all good still because we've still got a meet set up this coming Saturday in the same theme!

But please don't ever let the theme stop you--it's not a requirement to appear in whatever theme we're having, we'd much rather just have people show and be having fun! The themes are just something quirky we all just agreed to do cause we're all a bit guilty of being shopaholics. xD

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

Thank you or offering an apology, but no need to apologize! These things happen to all of us, no worries. 💛

I'm so sorry to hear that what you bought you couldn't use! We'll have more events for sure that you are of course welcome to attend--and if you happen to find something appropriate for this one, it's all good still because we've still got a meet set up this coming Saturday in the same theme!

But please don't ever let the theme stop you--it's not a requirement to appear in whatever theme we're having, we'd much rather just have people show and be having fun! The themes are just something quirky we all just agreed to do cause we're all a bit guilty of being shopaholics. xD

Many thanks. I felt a little awkward it being a morning wear event and me arriving in my day clothes lol

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.