Am I opening items properly?

VonWulfen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Hi all.

When I buy an item and look in inventory I click wear and I then have a shopping bag attached to me. It usually removes my watch or bracelet.

Am I doing it wrong?

ALWAYS better to use ADD instead of WEAR (even if the item instructions say wear). That way you don't end up missing parts of your outfit or yourself :D.    When you WEAR something it replaces what was already there.  We all had to learn that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

ALWAYS better to use ADD instead of WEAR (even if the item instructions say wear). That way you don't end up missing parts of your outfit or yourself :D.    When you WEAR something it replaces what was already there.  We all had to learn that.

Cool, many thanks :)

• Like 1

Most mesh items attach to the right hand by default. If you 'wear' a watch/bracelet on that arm and your head vanishes....this'll be why! Pays to have a look through all your parts and rearrange important things to  other attachment points that won't get as much action - head to chin for example (which I always find odd because without a head you don't have a chin! Weird game this.)

• Like 1

Many people making things never set the attachment point. They leave it at the default from ignorance or just being lazy, which is the right-hand. This creates various problems like region crossing drop-offs and scattered parts when rezzing into a new region... and others as you found out.

When you buy something and try it on for the first time check to see where it attached. If it is the right-hand then detach and Attach To... some point more appropriate. Doing it early means all the copies you make later will have the correction too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.