Brand new, I know the type of Avi i want...could use some help

OFreckledFoxO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First pic judging by the boob shape (side on) it looks Maitreya you can buy it inworld from type Maitreya Isle in to map
Second pic modify means you can adjust all aspects of the shape if you don't like the nose/lip shape or anything else you can change it to a certain extent if you max or min the sliders the head could potentially look somewhat deformed 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the body in the top pic is not actually an SL mesh body, but has been done in some other 3D rendering program. But you could get a very similar look using Maitreya Lara, Slink Physique, or Belleza Isis (I think). TMP Legacy is another, but I can't recommend that, especially not for someone who is new. Of the first three, you're probably best (as much as I hate to say it) to go for Maitreya, because it is much better supported by clothing and skin makers than the other two. (That said, I prefer Physique myself -- but demo them and see what you like!).

To attain the very nice look in the top pic, you'll also need a top-of-the-line skin to go with it. I'm not particularly up-to-speed on the best skin appliers (I used The Skinnery myself), but a consideration will also be your choice of skin for the head, as you'll want these to match. Catwa is a really popular head, and it shouldn't be difficult to find a head applier that you like, with a matching body skin. Genus, Lelutka and LAQ are other excellent choices.

The second ad looks as though it's for a shape only (with a brows, and a notecard telling you what other products are used in the pic). Personally, I've never bought a shape: it's very easy (if sometimes time consuming) to make your own that suits your tastes.

The image is a Daz3D render, it's quite common for adverts - goodness knows why. Closest body you'll get is probably Maitreya, but you'd have to find a skin or tattoo that defines the innie-stomach, or possibly a deformer. 

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm pretty sure that the body in the top pic is not actually an SL mesh body

This is my opinion as well.  I don't believe that body or skin exist in SL. 

1 hour ago, OFreckledFoxO said:

Any good Devs that make Fitness/athletic skins?

Two that I have used are Pink Fuel and Sessions.  There are also places that well sell body shading in tattoo layers.  Where ever you go, be sure and try out demos first.  It takes more time but it saves you troubles and cash in the long term.

This is Session strong abs as a tattoo over skin from Amara Beauty.  I think the shape is also a bit thicker than what you have in mind but anyway ..

20200219_011.thumb.jpg.5a20c0a0186704838dbed80119661153.jpg

Let me end by repeating, DEMO DEMO DEMO.  Always DEMO.

• Like 3

JUST CHIMING IN TO SAY  -- DEMO DEMO DEMO before you buy since I didn't see anyone with that "always" advice. 

Try the demo body and demo skins and demo heads all together to see how well they work together and IF it is the look you want. Don't be in a hurry.  Find one you like.  I haven't changed in YEARS now after finding "my" look :D.     It can get expensive.  On the other hand if you have lots of money and simply want to play, then go forth and buy LOL.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.