Linden Home Rules

ItHadToComeToThis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, what are the rules regarding decoration outside of the house on the new Linden Homes. Do you have to keep it neat and tidy. What if...let’s throw a silly example out there...you placed tipped over rubbish piles and litter on the lawn and your property resembled that of a hoarder?. What is the limit or is there none

4 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

So, what are the rules regarding decoration outside of the house on the new Linden Homes. Do you have to keep it neat and tidy. What if...let’s throw a silly example out there...you placed tipped over rubbish piles and litter on the lawn and your property resembled that of a hoarder?. What is the limit or is there none

The covenant covers the exact rules.  For the most part, keep it inside your parcel and follow those covenant rules.  The part about "in theme" is definitely subjective.  However, you could probably get away with what you described.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

As L'il says, you can do "tasteful" additions to your home, provided that they are "in theme", and both "tasteful" and "in theme" are mildly subjective.  You cannot encroach on neighboring parcels of on the Protected Area between parcels,  and you cannot add things that will extend more than 15m above your rooftop.  Skyboxes are allowed, but not below 2000m.  In the spirit of being a good neighbor and keeping the general character of Bellisseria clean, follow not only the letter of the covenant but the spirit of it. Don't deliberately be a jerk.  :)

3 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

How do I claim one exactly. I have premium but the linden homes page just redirects me back to the old linden homes. I’m guessing there are none available at the minute?

The new ones are in high demand so not readily available at the moment.  You can keep refreshing the page to see if you can pick up an abandoned plot -- there are actually quite a few of these each day.  LL also has been releasing 1 or more regions each weekday and they have a BIG release of the new Log / Lodge homes that will happen sometime in the coming weeks.

Also - see this thread:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

So they are releasing new themes soon? Any images anywhere of what they are?

The reveal for the upcoming release was today, and there are photos in several threads, actually. Try this one:

Beyond that, we don't know what future themes might be. 

1 minute ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

So they are releasing new themes soon? Any images anywhere of what they are?

You can see them on the Reveal region - not on the map yet, but go here and walk north:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/American Cancer Society/131/249/23

And there are some pics here:

2 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

How do I claim one exactly. I have premium but the linden homes page just redirects me back to the old linden homes. I’m guessing there are none available at the minute?

there are randomly several available during the day, you just have to click in time when there's one :)
I been able since christmas to get all my 5 tries a day for 2 househopping alts.

• Like 1

Yes, it is merged, and I actually asked for it. I was not feeling good about myself starting a thread for pictures, whan it was the same going on in another thread. I didn't see that others used the "Lindens to Reveal 5th Home Theme at Home & Garden Expo - 10am slt Friday Feb 28" thread for their pictures.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I used the linked thread LittleMeJewel posted and was able to get mine that same day. It’s just a matter of refreshing and not caring about what you initially name the parcel — any five letters will do. Speed is of the essence 🙂

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 4

On 2/28/2020 at 8:47 PM, Rolig Loon said:

As L'il says, you can do "tasteful" additions to your home, provided that they are "in theme", and both "tasteful" and "in theme" are mildly subjective.  You cannot encroach on neighboring parcels of on the Protected Area between parcels,  and you cannot add things that will extend more than 15m above your rooftop.  Skyboxes are allowed, but not below 2000m.  In the spirit of being a good neighbor and keeping the general character of Bellisseria clean, follow not only the letter of the covenant but the spirit of it. Don't deliberately be a jerk.  :)

It's actually not 15 meters above your roof, but rather 15 meters above ground level or the sea level, whichever is higher.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.