Question about minimum BOM requirements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think I know the answer but ... if someone is seeing the block colors with words on BOM avatars, that's all because they do not have a BOM enabled viewer, correct?  There's no other settings that need to be toggled?  I know hardware skinning is needed to see mesh correctly to start with but I am talking about seeing the magic texture instead of the system rendered textures.

If it is all up to the viewer, is there a minimal hardware requirement?

I am trying to help someone who says she is using the newest FS viewer but still sees the colored blocks.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I think I know the answer but ... if someone is seeing the block colors with words on BOM avatars, that's all because they do not have a BOM enabled viewer, correct?  There's no other settings that need to be toggled?  I know hardware skinning is needed to see mesh correctly to start with but I am talking about seeing the magic texture instead of the system rendered textures.

If it is all up to the viewer, is there a minimal hardware requirement?

I am trying to help someone who says she is using the newest FS viewer but still sees the colored blocks.

You are correct. If she is seeing this, she does NOT have the latest viewer. There is nothing to click or toggle to "turn it on". You either have the latest version installed, or you don't. As far as I know, there's no additional external hardware requirement.

55 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Have her go to "Help/About Firestorm".  is the version listed 6.3.2.58052?  If not, she doesn't have the BoM version of Firestorm.

The version installed is also displayed in the viewer's top bar, no need to go into Help/About

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.