Pressed a button ruined my avatars head...

Kenzi2k

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'll get to the point quickly. I pressed the ''bom'' button on the CATWA master hud because I'm a total idiot in this game (only 3 days in). By doing so my avatars head now looks like he did a hot pepper challenge. Any way to fix this mess?

Hope to hear from you guys!

PS.

My apologies if it's a total noob question and easy to fix.

Capture.PNG

You hit the BoM button. The one on the top right. This is bakes on mesh and this only work if you remove the alpha layer covering your system body.

How to fix you ask? Either you re apply the Catwa head skin applier you originally used to get your face, if you don't have one of those, goto alpha tab and hit the reset button which will take the head back to the original settings. You can also remove the alpha layer covering your system body and the system skin you are wearing beneath will show on your mesh head. You can also try one of those skins on the skin tab you are showing and see if they work for you.

So there you have four ways to fix it. Good luck! :)

Edited by Lillyanna Oleander
Adding.
  • Like 2

The red just means you're wearing an 'alpha' mask, which hides your original system body and head parts from your new parts. Should be a check shirt symbol in your heads folder...that's the symbol for an 'alpha', remove that and your original system head will show up. As Lillyanna says above, just click one of the skins on the hud and your new head should appear again...as long as the alpha is still applied.
Same thing will happen with your body if you go BoM again. Remove all alpha's, system body will show up, then you start applying any new BoM layers you have over the old body/head. I recommend watching a few BoM based video's on YouTube to get a good idea of wtf is going on with it all, lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lillyanna Oleander said:

You hit the BoM button. The one on the top right. This is bakes on mesh and this only work if you remove the alpha layer covering your system body.

How to fix you ask? Either you re apply the Catwa head skin applier you originally used to get your face, if you don't have one of those, goto alpha tab and hit the reset button which will take the head back to the original settings. You can also remove the alpha layer covering your system body and the system skin you are wearing beneath will show on your mesh head. You can also try one of those skins on the skin tab you are showing and see if they work for you.

So there you have four ways to fix it. Good luck! :)

thanks so much @Lillyanna Oleander the reset button worked, also @Dano Seale @Skell Dagger thanks a bunch for the info. Very much appreciated yall.

Capture113.PNG

• Like 5

Noticing your bracelet, just be aware that most if not all 'mesh' attachments attach to the right hand by default. So if you wear a bracelet or watch on that arm don't panic if your head, eyes, hair and other stuff just vanishes! lol.
Easiest thing to do is just detach things attached to right hand and then re-attach them to another place. Example: Detach your head, find it in inventory, right click it in the folder and the attachment points list will pop up, click "add to" and attach it to the place of your choice (I recommend the chin for heads and stuff, or a place you think you won't be attaching anything else much).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.