Are ad spots on the marketplace going to buyable by L$ payments someday?

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in the mood to design an ad banner for advertising on the marketplace & had a fun idea for one :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Before I got started, I checked to see if the setup supports L$ payments yet...

Nope :matte-motes-not-even:

Credit Card only still....

So I didn't do it.

Does anyone know if buying ads by L$ is a feature that is in "someday" status or "never" status?

If I were you Wade, quite frankly I wouldn't bother!

The new system is pitiful, there is no way to see what is and isn't available, all you can do is keep completing orders and adding your card details in the vain hope that there will be some space.

When you do actually manage to find space, they have rationed what you are allowed to book and buy to such an extent that the whole exercise becomes pointless. The homepage for instance is restricted to 1000 impressions per week, which is not enough impressions to make an impression, even if the buying public love your product, you would be lucky if this number of impressions generated you 2 hits per day. They are now only able to offer 25000 impressions per day for homepage in total, thats between all of us, Xstreet used to deliver 90000 impressions per day and you could buy them all!, so somehow they have apparently managed to lose 70% of hompepage visitors, if this is to be believed.

Then there have been mistakes with over booking, so they sold space that they couldn't actually deliver, when I complained they gave me the option to move my ad to a different time and then they failed to deliver that.

The already miniscule banner weight of 40k has been halved to 20k, so you can pretty much forget about having anything moving in your ad.

It still works in principal, banners do generate hits, it's just the booking process is so convoluted and the impressions so heavily rationed, that it just can't be an effective use of anyones time to bother with. 

It's a great shame, banners used to be really effective for me, I spent 100s of 1000s a year on them, unless they make some radical changes I wont be bothering again. 

Actually, almost.

Paypal are releasing a new debit card later this year that works directly from your Paypal account without having to be topped up, so in theory you could cash out L$s to Paypal instantly through Virwox and then spend straight away from the debit card. So pretty close to spending L$s directly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.