Decisions, Decisions

Ajay McDowwll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Did you just catch this house in the past few days? I think I had it very recently (maybe it was another one nearby) and gave it up as I found that view out back to be not very interesting. 

Yes, just today.  And that's sort of how I'm feeling about the back view.  It's flat and... meh.

I may know which one I'm dropping; Millers Pond may be awesome in some areas, but this specific one probably isn't for me.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

The land behind #2 is in a different region; I checked to see what it was, but I couldn't tell if it was just an empty region where building will start, or if it's actual Protected-Protected Land.  This is a screencap of the map; the SL flag is at the Millers Pond house, and the big square below it is what's behind it in the picture.

Millers Pond Map.jpg

That region was initially thought to eventually be some sort of Market for Residents selling Linden Home related stuff.  Not sure if our guesses are correct or not, as I'm pretty sure Patch never confirmed that.  However, all of LL's work related to some sort of Market area(s) has been put on the back burner for now as they concentrate on getting more homes out.

So.... my guess is that the region will stay as is for quite a while and then eventually have some sort of Market stalls on it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

It is a really VERY hard decision to make.

After months of househunting I finally landed SEVEN really very desirable homes, one for every premium account I have, all very different and unique in their special way, one houseboat, two victorians and four traditionals, everys one of them directly seashore (which is my nr.1 desired feature), every one has been extremely hard to get, was the result of endless catching and abandoning and now??

I intended to keep only two (a trad and a boat) and reduce the other alts back to basic when their time comes, the first three will expire on the 15th of April, so I'll have to decide till then. But I CAN'T! It breaks my heart to merely think about letting any of these homes go!

And it will break my purse if I'll keep all seven!

Clever Lindens! Well done! ;)

I have a houseboat and camper that I like and want to keep. 

I originally had a Traditional that I loved the location of, but was trying for something a bit more isolated.  I ended up with one that is only a bit isolated, but has fabulous views with water on 2 sides.  So I've now spent the last month or so bouncing between them trying to decide. 

Then yesterday, Sylvia contacted me because she had managed to pick up a house that was more isolated than my other one and she thought I might like it.  I did like it and we decided to try a hand-off -- her abandon and me refresh the land page at that time to try nabbing it.  Well, I didn't want to let go of either of my other 2 Traditionals unless I managed to actually get the home that Sylvia was going to let go of. Thus, I bumped another alt to Premium -- quarterly, so that at the minimum I will at least get the L$1000 bonus to help offset the cost -- and used that alt to try for the house.  I did end up getting the home, but now I can't decide which of the other 2 to let go of.

And a new type of home is going to be release soon.

*sigh*

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

There is speculation that Millbank (behind your Millers Pond parcel) will eventually be a commercial area. That may influence your decision one way or the other.

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That region was initially thought to eventually be some sort of Market for Residents selling Linden Home related stuff.  Not sure if our guesses are correct or not, as I'm pretty sure Patch never confirmed that.  However, all of LL's work related to some sort of Market area(s) has been put on the back burner for now as they concentrate on getting more homes out.

So.... my guess is that the region will stay as is for quite a while and then eventually have some sort of Market stalls on it.

Considering this information... I think we're going to be sticking with Rockham... which I keep trying to call Rockport 😛

Thank you, everyone!

• Like 7

I already have a Victorian that backs onto a small pond but I would love one that looked over the ocean or was beach front. But I can't risk abandoning mine until the new regions are released. I'm not sure if I'll love the new theme as much as the Victorians, but until I see it, I can't be sure of anything! :D

• Like 4

So, this is my original Traditional, that I do still currently have.  Because of the small mountain there, the regions was actually not super populated.  I like this a lot because it felt somewhat isolated.  There is no house behind it and with tons of trees (all Mole planted) around the entire parcel, it felt quite isolated - I had to work to see my neighbors.

House1.thumb.jpg.2dc6f318895fb21eeeea547fd7101014.jpg

This was the plot that I picked up a couple of months ago.  While it is not isolated - very direct views to the neighbors in front and back, with the water on both sides, it has a bit of a calming effect, so I fell in love with it.  I have actually spent the last 2 months debating between this one and my first one, because I felt that I did not really need both.  

House2.thumb.jpg.0aac5753d4fb4a9167514c887b8b0019.jpg

Then, last night I managed to nab this one; doing a slick hand-off from Sylvia - that so seldom actually works - but we timed it for somewhat late in the evening.  Anyway, this one is much more isolated than the first one - almost no neighbors - so I'm going to keep this and give up that first one.  I'm still not ready to give up the second one yet.

House3.thumb.jpg.51a1d4b9cff1b882c066f45122b17d5a.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 11

Well, I kept the Rockham property, as I'd said I was going to, and set my alt loose again... she got a trailer, yay!  Not sure if I'm going to hang onto it in light of the forthcoming new releases, but I really love the options available for the trailers, so it's a possibility 🙂

I stayed up way too late last night working on my Rockham property, and finally went to bed around midnight my time (9PM SLT) having realized I'd done the layout all wrong, that I hate the interior wall color I chose, and that my bedroom is a hot mess.  So I then proceeded to lay in bed for the next hour (bear in mind, I'd already advanced my alarm clock to 5AM rather than my usual 4AM in the hopes of getting some reasonable amount of sleep -- TOTAL FAIL) re-laying out everything, figuring out how to get the walls the way I like them without spending money on a retexturing shell... sigh.

On the plus side, I'll have plenty to keep me occupied tonight.  On the minus side, I have RL stuff to attend to which would normally be mildly entertaining, except I'll have to deal with humans after a full day of them at work, when I'd rather be stripping that whole sucker down and starting from scratch.

Bleah. 

But I can't wait until I have it looking right 🙂

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
I didn't get enough sleep and I can't English.
  • Like 10

On 2/27/2020 at 5:59 PM, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, here are the two houses.  I'm leaning toward Rockham (the first picture), but things about Millers Pond (by process of elimination, the second picture) folks have mentioned (water access, etc) also appeal.  GACK.

Rockham - Ajay_001.jpg

Millers Pond - AjayMcDowwll Alter_001.jpg

If those two were both mine, I'd probably go with the first one. The sloped land is more interesting and it gives you a bit more privacy, whereas the other is very flat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

If those two were both mine, I'd probably go with the first one. The sloped land is more interesting and it gives you a bit more privacy, whereas the other is very flat.

That's what I ended up going with.  It must have been meant to be, because I love the view from the trailer my alt got after I had her abandon that second house ❤️

Trailer View_001.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Proper word order is helpful.
  • Like 13

Oh my, oh my - now I am in a quandary.  I really had no intention of changing my houseboat, but kept seeing one on the land page, so I finally clicked. 

Both parcels are squares with the houseboat orientations exactly the same.  There are only 9 houseboats (and no houses/campers) in the new region -- whereas my existing region has  24 houseboats.  Thus overall region performance should, in theory, be better at the new location.   Both locations have a totally clear view to the west, perfect for setting suns.  The north side of the old location is region edge and currently the end of the world, which also results in good views -- though there is a decent chance that Bellisseria may expand northward in the NE corner.  

So.... New location - only 9 homes, only 1 side has a really good open view.  Old location - 24 houseboats, 1 side has a really good open view, and a second side has end of world view (for now, but no guarantee on that staying).

Position marked on the left is the new houseboat location - region is Tatsulot.  The old location is circled in the upper right corner.

image.thumb.png.266407303cca5a6a029c6b184b73f010.png

This is what happens when you play The Game of Homes.  You end up in a position where you must make a decision that you don't want to make.

ETA:  I also just realized that the new location does not have a neighboring parcel on any direct side.  Everything directly around me is protected LL land.  I think I am going to have to sit on this one a while and think about it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh my, oh my - now I am in a quandary.  I really had no intention of changing my houseboat, but kept seeing one on the land page, so I finally clicked. 

Both parcels are squares with the houseboat orientations exactly the same.  There are only 9 houseboats (and no houses/campers) in the new region -- whereas my existing region has  24 houseboats.  Thus overall region performance should, in theory, be better at the new location.   Both locations have a totally clear view to the west, perfect for setting suns.  The north side of the old location is region edge and currently the end of the world, which also results in good views -- though there is a decent chance that Bellisseria may expand northward in the NE corner.  

So.... New location - only 9 homes, only 1 side has a really good open view.  Old location - 24 houseboats, 1 side has a really good open view, and a second side has end of world view (for now, but no guarantee on that staying).

Position marked on the left is the new houseboat location - region is Tatsulot.  The old location is circled in the upper right corner.

This is what happens when you play The Game of Homes.  You end up in a position where you must make a decision that you don't want to make.

ETA:  I also just realized that the new location does not have a neighboring parcel on any direct side.  Everything directly around me is protected LL land.  I think I am going to have to sit on this one a while and think about it.

I just snuck a peek at the new location, and really like it a lot! I love that it's next to land. Mine is as well, and I'm very happy with being able to walk off onto the beach now and then. Aside from that, as you pointed out, the new location has no direct neighboring houseboats! IMO, the new one is the keeper!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I just snuck a peek at the new location, and really like it a lot! I love that it's next to land. Mine is as well, and I'm very happy with being able to walk off onto the beach now and then. Aside from that, as you pointed out, the new location has no direct neighboring houseboats! IMO, the new one is the keeper!

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning that direction.

The Traditional that I gave up after getting that one from you was my first Bellisseria home.  The houseboat in Sagarc has been mine since the day of the Squishy Pickle release last May.

Kind of sad leaving both of my original Bellisseria homes

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Traditional that I gave up after getting that one from you was my first Bellisseria home.  The houseboat in Sagarc has been mine since the day of the Squishy Pickle release last May.

Look at it as a new beginning.  You are trying different regions, trying something new.   It's a good thing.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I left my first trad and first houseboat, and have been much happier with the upgrades. But I've mentioned before I am a nomad; just yesterday I divested myself of a large Mainland parcel I'd had since 2013. I still have the memories, and that's how I feel about every place I give up.... but only you can decide how much it means to you to stick with the original spot. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

i been hopping nearly all the time since i came to Belli,  sometimes could pull my (remaining) hairs out after a abandoning .. but always got better afterwards after some tries ..
Take the jump, don't look back ( and with some "luck" during the clicking you get the same house back 4 times .. the 5 th as different one is always a relief.. even when its bad :)  )

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That new location, the exact one, not just the region - was the best one on Squishy Pickle when I tried to get a boat its opening day.

Because of the same reasons you said, only 5 boats, and it is for itself, not shoulder to shoulder with other boats.

Should I have a boat, that would be among the top wishes.

You know what I would say, keep Tatsulot.

• Like 2

I live in Sagarc, it's a good region. It is however very quite in terms of other avatars being around, so might not suit some. I've had my houseboat there since last year,the only new LL home I've had since I'm too chicken to try for any other plot lol. There are only a handful of plots that I would be happy to move to because I have a square one with a great view. But...I really would love another square plot with a relatively open view, but with sand or grass terrain at the back - my current home backs onto other houseboats, and there's no land around at all:(  With the current demand for homes I think it'd be too risky to try for something 'perfect' that might not even be available.

However... Patch said in the Lab Gab interview that they are still looking to add more trads and houseboats in the future! (I was so pleased to hear that!) So going forward, with more new themes and homes to chose from, which may prompt some to abandon their houseboats for those, coupled with potentially more houseboats being released, that might free up some of the plots I might like to try. Unless of course there's a theme that I love better than my current home:)

(I'm hoping by the time all the new homes have been released there will be surplus, so that there is always homes from every theme to pick, not sold out and limited like now, having to refresh all day or be on the look out for people saying they are abandoning. )

Yes, decisions, decisions:)

• Like 2

I hope with the new Traditionals they're unleashing that they give more options with regard to interior wall color for both the new releases as well as existing models, if possible.  I was just at my husband's Victorian and he can not only color rooms any color he'd like (rather than the limited presets we have with Traditionals), but he can also color the rooms differently from each other.

I'm mildly envious, I'll admit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I hope with the new Traditionals they're unleashing that they give more options with regard to interior wall color for both the new releases as well as existing models, if possible.  I was just at my husband's Victorian and he can not only color rooms any color he'd like (rather than the limited presets we have with Traditionals), but he can also color the rooms differently from each other.

I'm mildly envious, I'll admit.

You are probably aware of this, but just in case you aren't, there are "shells" available for purchase that allow you to have different colored walls in Trads. It would be much nicer not to have to go that route, but it's what we have to work with for now at least!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.