DAT4BASE

Caspervend - creating separate demos costs 1L$?

Hey guys, so i just bought caspervend yesterday and i finally got the hang of vendors. However, i'm currently trying to set up a SEPARATE demo vendor from my main product (which you can also get a demo from by clicking it and selecting "demo" in the pop up menu in the top right hand corner) for customer ease, and for some reason, when i set it to 0L$ in caspervend in my browser, then go to purchase the product in world, it displays it as costing 1L$. I want all my demos to be free, as i feel charging for demos is kind of unfair, so i was just wondering if there was a way to fix this?

image.thumb.png.74cbee7ccfe68bb8e23c4f0b68a939d7.png

image.png.2a1351f484302a03904f224959671d8e.png

As you can see, even people with the group tag on (the second price option) don't get the 5% discount i set. Not that you can really split a linden dollar in half, but you get what i'm saying. the point is, idk where i'm going wrong...

image.png.0b42f4960036763230ad7dd678f8103b.png

in the image above you can see that in caspervend, i set the demo's price to ZERO lindens.

soooooo yes, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! ❤️

P.S. i forgot to mention but i'm using the headless caspertech vendor for both vendors. 😄

Edited by DAT4BASE

I haven't used Caspervend, but, does the demo need to be part of Casper? What if you just keep it unscripted and set the default touch action to "buy" and set the price to 0L?

Caspervend listings have to be at least 1L however anyone who buys the demo is immediately refunded the 1 Linden.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Caspervend listings have to be at least 1L however anyone who buys the demo is immediately refunded the 1 Linden.

Stops those pesky noobs getting yer demos too.

• Like 1

I found out that with some vendors - not sure if caspervend - you can rightclick for the menu and choose DELIVER - if the item is set to L$0, it will give you the item without asking for L$1...

ooh well i'll try that out @Emma Krokus

also @anna2358 hahaha i get you, although honestly i don't mind who buys my things, just as long as someone buys them xD

@Syn Anatine thanks so much! did not know that

@Wulfie Reanimator thanks for saving the day once again for one of my silly questions/issues. I will be setting up some regular demo boxes and experimenting now, then i'll update here...

EDIT: i've just tested wulfie's idea of using a regular shmegular box and it works perfectly. thanks everyone for your help! i guess this means the issue has been resolved ahaha

Edited by DAT4BASE
solution found