Jobs or ways to make money in Second life

DMTLC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

So please kindly if at all possible refrain from kink-shaming. 

But what if my kink is to shame people for their kinks? 🤔

Neph was recently offered L$100,000 to 'vore' some guy (it went from L$40,000 to L$100,000 when I said no the first time). As has been mentioned though, getting a job in SL isn't generally something you should do for the money, it should be something you enjoy doing, unless you live in an economy where the SL income is worthwhile compared to your minimum wage. 

• Like 1

I did advise him to not do it unless that much money is a disposable amount to him. He understands that it is completely his choice as to whether or not he wishes to explore this particular kink in this manner. 

More power to him whichever way he decides to go, though I do believe he is leaning firmly towards the hell no side. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, DMTLC said:

Well i realistically wont do it, i also agree that 100k is alot, but i also dont know the proper way to make an agreement with her, i think she is worth it, but not 100k

You sent me a f/r on Discord weeks ago, and I ignored it because I had no idea who you were or where you found me.  I accepted after reading this.  I'm willing to "help" you find your way, give advice, etc... NOT domme you.

Things like this worry me, because I know (through FB) quite a few boys who were completely taken advantage of because they got sucked into something due to not being able to find someone suitable.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DMTLC said:

Well i realistically wont do it, i also agree that 100k is alot, but i also dont know the proper way to make an agreement with her, i think she is worth it, but not 100k

there is no way to enforce these kinds of arrangements in SL when the sum is paid in a lump sum before or after

like pay upfront and the person disappears.  From the other pov. Person does the favours, recipient disappears

best to just pay as you go. At some price, you both find acceptable. For what it is worth 3000L a favour, is the aprrox. casual street rate for a Sl textual favour at quite a number of open SL locations. More or less in other places. Altho patrons who get up over 3000L (US$10-12) tend to want a lot more than textuals. Voice at least

for the kinda payment ($US300 about) that person is wanting then you are comparatively into RL rates for a live favour

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 1:34 PM, Elvina Ewing said:

and why exactly is this on the Merchant forum?

On 2/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, Nadia Chatterbox said:

Because a mod moved it, I believe it was in general discussion originally 

oh and we'r back in GD now ...this thread sees a lot of places in the forums :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Haha 5

I'll admit I've no idea what all the kinks are spoken of here, but I could never ever imagine spending that much linden on anything. I hope you can find another way to enjoy your SL in the way you wish to with someone who won't be charging that horribly obnoxious amount. That sounds ridiculous on the part of the person charging that much. Perhaps keep searching for another? I was going to ask a bunch of questions, but I better not so I don't get myself in an embarrassing situation. I'll just be quiet now. I wish you luck though!

On 2/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

oh and we'r back in GD now ...this thread sees a lot of places in the forums :)

Crap, I can’t quote your last post.  I had to manually copy, so the timestamp is wrong.

I noticed that after my comment. Didn’t want to double post.  

All that moving is giving me whiplash 

8 hours ago, LyricalBookworm said:

I'll admit I've no idea what all the kinks are spoken of here, but I could never ever imagine spending that much linden on anything. I hope you can find another way to enjoy your SL in the way you wish to with someone who won't be charging that horribly obnoxious amount. That sounds ridiculous on the part of the person charging that much. Perhaps keep searching for another? I was going to ask a bunch of questions, but I better not so I don't get myself in an embarrassing situation. I'll just be quiet now. I wish you luck though!

See my blog post, "Kinky Pixels" for some definitions.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 4:34 AM, Elvina Ewing said:

and why exactly is this on the Merchant forum?

The Merchant forum?  Ain't no merchant I know gonna be givin' anybody 100K linden.  You have to be buying from a merchant.

Did this newbie meet a loan shark or something?  

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

See my blog post, "Kinky Pixels" for some definitions.

I stuck a "IM me for sex and ya gonna pay upfront for it!" tag in my girlie alt's profile, to try keep the sex hounds at bay. Have felt guilty because I'd charge the persistent one's 1,000L$'s per 30 min's. Seems I'm just an 'amateur' and will now charge 50,000L$ instead!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

I stuck a "IM me for sex and ya gonna pay upfront for it!" tag in my girlie alt's profile, to try keep the sex hounds at bay. Have felt guilty because I'd charge the persistent one's 1,000L$'s per 30 min's. Seems I'm just an 'amateur' and will now charge 50,000L$ instead!

My female alt got hit on by some creep earlier today.  I'm going to steal your idea. 😈 Is L$5000 for 30 minutes reasonable enough?

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 8:16 AM, DMTLC said:

Well, i was just curious and in the need of L$ i owe someone and was wondering if anyone could help me find a job or some other way to get money, my goal is 100k i know its a lot so i need to start somewhere. If anyone has anyway please contact me or Second life IM or even on this. Thank you

-Tomas M.

This is usually how people overspend on SL... three glasses of wine and Stealthic’s new hair becomes irresistible to me....all of it....

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2966a65f26d56d9db7e5

So far as making money in SL (and I hope that was 100K LINDENS you were talking about), if you have insane skills with Blender or avatar component creation then you can sell things on the Marketplace.

If you want to try the SL Service industry and can DJ or host; thats a very “variable” income until you get established.

If you have great photo skills and edit well, you can get paid to do that as well.

If you REALLY are determined, *good* sexworkers can get paid here (in SL terms, not good RL money) but that depends on your personal level of “flexibility”.

SL Hitmen don’t do well, their victims just keep relogging........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay so this isn't my kink and i am by no means a dominant lmao but my biggest hit was 200k about 2 years ago maybe while findomming xD

Random guy walks into loseria, begs me to teamview (well ayndesk) into his pc and buy whatever i want lol 200k was the biggest amount i could think of on the spot...looking back at it now i should have inserted more lol he boasted about being some banker of sorts and that he got into a fight with his rl wife and wanted to be ruined. wham bam. he tped out few minutes after that and i never saw him again lol he totally made my week.. hell whole month..

other than that i regularly made like 10k 20k a day if the right subs would come by. i had specific pre made scripts for everything (even vore). i was all about the money. because some subs just want to be lied to and get their rocks off. some even have the means to afford it.

if i felt that a sub was into the whole experience for long term real bond with a dominant, i'd do the kind thing and let them go. it's all about people looking for experiences they crave and people looking not to upload so often in exchange for well written scrips to give to their one time subs.

*shurgs* i've been off market for a long time now, mainly because i have no time to just sit around and wait for money, i'd rather just upload and focus on my guy and enjoy my sl time. i however, do occasionally peek into the world of findom for quickie tips. but it's slow these days.

so my advice to the op, if you're not some rich guy looking for sweet lies, don't pay your dominant a thing, true bonds need no funding imo

Edited by ErukaVonD
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

Okay so this isn't my kink and i am by no means a dominant lmao but my biggest hit was 200k about 2 years ago maybe while findomming xD

Random guy walks into loseria, begs me to teamview (well ayndesk) into his pc and buy whatever i want lol 200k was the biggest amount i could think of on the spot...looking back at it now i should have inserted more lol he boasted about being some banker of sorts and that he got into a fight with his rl wife and wanted to be ruined. wham bam. he tped out few minutes after that and i never saw him again lol he totally made my week.. hell whole month..

other than that i regularly made like 10k 20k a day if the right subs would come by. i had specific pre made scripts for everything (even vore). i was all about the money. because some subs just want to be lied to and get their rocks off. some even have the means to afford it.

if i felt that a sub was into the whole experience for long term real bond with a dominant, i'd do the kind thing and let them go. it's all about people looking for experiences they crave and people looking not to upload so often in exchange for well written scrips to give to their one time subs.

*shurgs* i've been off market for a long time now, mainly because i have no time to just sit around and wait for money, i'd rather just upload and focus on my guy and enjoy my sl time. i however, do occasionally peek into the world of findom for quickie tips. but it's slow these days.

so my advice to the op, if you're not some rich guy looking for sweet lies, don't pay your dominant a thing, true bonds need no funding imo

I think that - if we were to be perfectly honest - that many of us have “SL Working Girl” avatars in our past 🙂

.....the even more honest might have stories about Clients whose available cash exceeded their ability to stay awake and enjoy what they paid for....

.....not that *I* have any stories like that 🙂

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2966a65f26d56d9db7e5

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.