Malls/regions for Gacha resell

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes they exist, I go to 2-3 the prices can be hundreds of L$ higher or lower than on MP. The rent is about the same as any rental in the L$1-2/prim range. Some of the things are rezzed out which is nice to actually see and verify what you are getting while other's are boxed so you still run the risk of picking up some junk. Because there usually so many small things scattered all over it can be hard to find anything and you'll get pretty low FPS while there. I just stick the stuff on MP & if the gacha section were actually categorized instead of the junk drawer/catchall it is, I might even use that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

Yes they exist, I go to 2-3 the prices can be hundreds of L$ higher or lower than on MP. The rent is about the same as any rental in the L$1-2/prim range. Some of the things are rezzed out which is nice to actually see and verify what you are getting while other's are boxed so you still run the risk of picking up some junk. Because there usually so many small things scattered all over it can be hard to find anything and you'll get pretty low FPS while there. I just stick the stuff on MP & if the gacha section were actually categorized instead of the junk drawer/catchall it is, I might even use that.

Yeah, calling the gacha section a junk drawer is exactly what it is. I don't like the thought of placing gacha on the MP. It sounds boring, while putting boxes on the floor and rez stuff is not boring.

Placing gacha under other sections isn't against the rules, as LL has said several times. So... I would probably do that. I think about it many times, but never get around doing it.

The Xenosaur region has stores with 100 L weekly rent for 300 prims, something that is possibly the cheapest rent in SL: But how to get people there? The gacha regions advertise, and that's not cheap.

Having things rezzed out is the greatest selling point to using the inworld resale places. It feels more like some kind of RP flea market. Being able to actually see the things in their 3D form vs. a snapshot I might even pick up something I normally wouldn't.  As far as MP goes, I put panties in the panty drawer so sue me. 😝

• Like 1

30 L per week? I thought it was more like 100 real dollars to show in search. 😁

I have already paid for the gacha stuff, and can't think I will make a profit. Cover the rent, and perhaps some hundred L a month.

The Xenosaur shopping area has lots of shops, so maybe other gacha pullers like me would rent stores there. We could be a gacha district of our own, but no need to work with other people. I was thinking: Many gacha items in one region, more interest.

300 prims mean there is lots of items that can be rezzed.

During the last MadPea hunt I ended up at a lot of Gacha places (can't remember the names though!), they all had one thing in common; heavy lag, which ruined the experience entirely. It's much easier to sell on the MP and there you make a square profit without having to pay rent.

For some strange reason, a MP store feels like work, while placing out stuff in SL is fun, like decorating a home.

I am roleplaying a store owner. I ended up renting 300 prims for 100 L per week, and rezzed out a lot of stuff. I used MP as a price guide, but not for every item. I checked what rares cost, did not go over the lowest price, or even placed my price a bit under. Tried to use pull price on commons, but also priced down things I had a feeling for "not worth much".

On the opposite, things I really would want to buy, and could not see on the MP, I could price to 75 or even 100 L, based upon the thought that others will want them too.

I don't care to make money, if it sits unused in my inventory, I certainly don't get anything back. Better pricing it to 25 L, even if the pull price was 50 L.

I clicked on "show in search" for the place. Total weekly cost is then 130 L. 

I have no idea how to advertise for low cost. Is there groups that allow members to advertise? I know it is groups for exchange, but this isn't it. It would be fun to sell a few things a week. 

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I clicked on "show in search" for the place. Total weekly cost is then 130 L.

There needs to be some keywords in the parcel description to describe what you're selling, otherwise Show in Search is useless. If you can, also include Gacha Resale in the title (like Marianne's Gacha Resale Shop).

There are dedicated gacha yard sale areas where each person selling has their own area. The ones I've seen don't have proper shops, probably to save on LI, so it might not feel like RPing a shop but it should bring in more potential customers. Good luck.

• Like 1

Mari's Gacha shop is the land title with a good description so that is covered :D.   My only suggestion would be to make a PLACES page for your shop. If you choose to do so you can show all the items in your shop in a list there.    In order for that to WORK you need to have that also checked on your items. 

You can also make a places page @Marianne Little,  If you go to the PLACES page here https://places.secondlife.com/

you can scroll through the lots in Fortuna and find yours. You can then edit that page (it comes with the "30 linden search" charge).  If you make the choice in the places page to show the items in your shop, it will do that and (I believe still) put them into search somehow.  You also need to have "show in search" checked on each item that you are selling and want to show up when someone searches.  

I just did a test and the test item did INDEED show up in search. I went to the websearch page and pasted in the exact name and found the item as the second listing. Went there and found it. :D

image.png.dab796db7b22d9fc9bca364c16b885fa.png

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.