Underwater Ideas

Rabid Cheetah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!  I've decorated/landscaped underwater before, but that's been on large and deep parcels.  My houseboat's water is only 2m deep.  Given the depth of the houseboat, the parcel is pretty much only 512 m2 under the water.  Most of my stuff is going to poke up over the water -- which would look crummy, or even worse, out of theme.

What are some underwater decorating ideas folks have had for shallow waters?  Thanks!

Edited by Rabid Cheetah

What about making a gravel garden? As if your houseboat used to be in deep water, but a turn of the tide washed up some debris. You could half bury things into the terrain / sand / gravel, as if they have been naturally covered up. Maybe a broken boat hull, or old fishing tackle? Then you could have a shoal of small fish darting in and out, and bits of weed which have taken root. Make a sunny place to lie down and look up at the sky through the water's surface? Any bits of plant movement or animation would be interesting (crabs?)

• Like 1

Thanks for those ideas.  I did find a lot more in my inventory than I realized I had, plus most of the appropriate items are mod so I was able to scale them down.  I've got some wrecked boats that I stuck under the houseboat itself, mushing them halfway into the sand.  There's also what remains of the Statue of Liberty after rising tides swept it away, a pirate's grave, and a mermaid's bed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.