Logging on and missing mesh body parts

KittenLuv Axel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A lot of times when you log in in a laggy place it takes a while for your avatar to load all the way if it's mesh. This is why parts of them end up on the floor or in other weird places.  You just have to wait for them to load. It helps if you log in in a place with minimal lag.

If you have advanced lighting on, it might help to turn it off. I notice when I log in and it's on it takes a lot longer for me to load things. You can more easily turn it off if you're using firestorm by using alt+p, clicking the lights tab when it shows up and unchecking the box that says 'advanced lighting'

Edited by Rumancekk

17 minutes ago, KittenLuv Axel said:

TY.  In the mesh advatar instructions it says to use advance lighting?  I don't need that?  TY for your help.  smiles

Advance lighting is what allows you to see shine on your skin (and other objects with Materials enabled). You don't strictly need it, unless you particularly want to see the shine (taking photos for example). It does cause considerable lag, so it's worth keeping it off by default and only turning it on when you particularly need it.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:23 AM, KittenLuv Axel said:

TY.  In the mesh advatar instructions it says to use advance lighting?  I don't need that?  TY for your help.  smiles

As Matty said, unless taking photo's or needing/wanting to see your avi' in it's full glory...just have 'basic lighting' checked in that list and uncheck the rest. Also helps a lot when out and about shopping etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.