Loading/rezzing problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not techy so I need all the help I can get.  I having an issue that I thought was just a bug or my connection but it continues to happen and it's annoying.  I'm using viewer 2, (tried phoenix and didn't like it).  When I teleport to different destinations, it takes a very long time to rez objects, if at all.  Sometimes it never loads items like the walls, floors, rugs or pictures.  I have found out that if I click on "view", then "camera modes" and "object view" I can view the item and it'll appear on my screen, however, I have to click on each item for them to appear and if I can't see it, how do I know it's there?  Again, very annoying.  I have found myself in many empty rooms, standing on a floor that I can't see, wondering what is wrong with the sim, but then I start clicking around and find that there is actually stuff around me and I'm not floating after all.  I've tried adjusting my settings and nothing I'm doing is working.  I thought it was my connection (wireless) but then connected directly to my modem via ethernet cable and my problem didn't change.  I've even teleported somewhere, walked away from the computer to let it load/rez for quite a few minutes and when I returned, same problem.  Please help for the love of Second Life!

4 answers to this question

I'm a bit lazy, so I copy pasted the following from another post of mine in another thread:

Lastly, try disabling http textures in the develop menu (available by checking the option in me->Preferences->Advanced). This has helped me when I have had rezzing issues. Actually, try this first!

Resetting your modem and router. Unplug them both for a minute or so, plug back in and wait for a connection to establish before logging in to SL.

Check your packet loss in the performance panel in the viewer (press ctrl+shift+1). If the packet loss number close to the top of the viewer stays more or less permanently above 0.0%, you should try to lower the max bandwidth setting in prefs.

Check the packet loss on your internet connection by running the test at http://www.pingtest.net/ a few times with different target servers. If you do not get a high grade on the tests, you may want to have a talk with your internet provider.

(This is WIERD. I copied from this post: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Need-Serious-Help-With-Avatar/m-p/874201#M4963 where the 'Lastly, try....' paragraph is the last one. When I pasted it here it is first... And I only pasted - I did not move the paragraph myself. Spooky. :o)

In your case, I would have a closer look at the connection part of things.

Hope some of this helps.

- Luc -

• Like 1

I unchecked the http textures and it helped a little. i lowered the bandwidith and that helped as well, however, doing the pingtest gave me a D!! i would assume that there is the main problem. weird thing is, i wasn't having these problems at one time and then one day i login to sl and i'm wondering who stole my rugs! lol i'm still floating and running into walls i can't see so if you have any other suggestions, besides calling my service provider and canceling, again, i would greatly appreciate it! thanks for your help!

If you constantly get low grades from pingtest, that is the first place to start. I'm pretty sure things will be back to normal if you get your internet connection sorted out. Aside from calling your ISP, you could simply swap to another one, perhaps? I'm sorry to say, I don't really have any other suggestions than that.

Regardless, though, your rugs *could* have been stolen. You never know, especially since your walls are transparent. Someone might have seen them, thought 'nice rugs' and taken them ;)

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.