Where do bloggers promote their posts?

Mahala Roviana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Back in the day, there was a an entire community of bloggers on Second LIfe. They were promoted outside of the grid via Twitter, Facebook, Plurk and Flickr. Now, Second Life Twitter isn't very active, I'm not sure if Plurk is even still a thing and while I promote on Facebook, I'd really rather not. Most blogging groups in-world cater to promotional sites rather than those that focus on writing.  Any suggestions?

It appears to me that Discord is getting more and more popular with the SL community, especially when it comes to bloggers and creators. I know a lot of people are viewing Facebook as 'that old thing that my mother posts random cat videos on, and my auntie checks in with all over, all the time'. Lots of blogging/photography groups, with a good format for keeping a fresh stream of posts (although in large groups they tend to get a little spammy), and often just channels for banter or tips & tricks for various things (which you can mute, if you aren't interested in the banter). 

Flickr is probably going to remain the place where people make all their uploads, and then link to or embed the images to their blogs, to forums, or just to carpet bomb in-world groups and Discord groups with links as well. Whether Flickr will be able to stay afloat, and whether their policies are welcoming of the SL community, we'll just have to wait and see (they're not doing too well, financially: https://gizmodo.com/flickr-could-be-in-serious-trouble-1840557658)

• Thanks 1

I don't promote my blog very aggressively or even very actively, in all honesty. I use Flickr and Twitter mainly (and you're right about the latter being quiet, but I have other Twitter accounts and rather like the platform) plus my signature here. I had an Instagram but it was too much hassle. Had a Tumblr for RL fashion inspiration; same thing - too much hassle! Now I just skate merrily along the sidelines ;)

Something you can do is join the SL Blogger Network. Info here, and you might get featured in the posts that are promoted each day by LL at this link. A couple of us here on the forum (Matt Knight and myself, at the very least) have been featured so far, and I know my stats went through the roof on the occasions when my posts got highlighted.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Something you can do is join the SL Blogger Network. Info here, and you might get featured in the posts that are promoted each day by LL at this link. A couple of us here on the forum (Matt Knight and myself, at the very least) have been featured so far, and I know my stats went through the roof on the occasions when my posts got highlighted.

I've done that actually. I'm afraid I'll have to work on my photo quality before I can hope to be featured there :)

I cross-post many of my Second Life blogposts to two places:

1. Second Life Discord communities (I always make sure I am posting to the proper channel in each Discord);

2. Second Life groups on Facebook (there are TONS of groups!).

I just find that Plurk is an alien world to me, so I never use it.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

I never liked Plurk either.  One more thing I forgot to mention is to apply to "blogger feeds" such as Be Happy in SL. Once your blog is accepted, it will reach far more people. If you post on Flickr, also post it to numerous groups there for exposure. Don't forget to follow people and fave. Same thing applies to Facebook. If you want exposure, you're going to have to do some work to get it. 👍

Http://www.lindareddevil.com (thought I'd slip that in there) lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, carolinestravels said:

1. Google Search (SEO), my main source of traffic.
2. Reddit, certain adult related subs do very well.
3. Twitter, having 1500 follower it's not really that dead.

Will restart on Pinterest as well. Used to be very good. 

I actually started to write about that too: 
https://slamedia.de/second-life-adult-blogs

I've recently tried to breathe more life into my SL Pinterest account and Google search results. It does take work!

15 hours ago, Mahala Roviana said:

I've recently tried to breathe more life into my SL Pinterest account and Google search results. It does take work!

Mahala,

You will find it very difficult to rank a blog under a blogspot subdomain.
Your very first measure to improve Google rankings is to register a domain name and point it to your blog.

This doesn't guarantee rankings, but would be a first step in the right direction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.