"Clothes can't find in database" cloud fail

xXKristianaXx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't see my avatar, I changed my viewer, deleted the game, updated my graphics card, changed my avatar to classic newbie avatar but it still doesn't work my WiFi is fine but I can see everything but my avi, it's still a cloud. Please help me I'm having this problem for months.

Edited by xXKristianaXx

6 minutes ago, xXKristianaXx said:

I can't see my avatar, I changed my viewer, deleted the game, updated my graphics card, changed my aviation to classic newbie avatar but it still doesn't work my WiFi is fine but I can see everything but my avi, it's still a cloud. Please help me I'm having this problem for months.

go wired, and perhaps the links below have some usefull information

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory
https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is a common problem. There is a fix.

One of the basic avatar components is having a problem. You will ave to find out which one. The quick and somewhat easy fix is to switch to the Test Male/Female avatar.

Before doing anything drastic always move to another region, log off, restart your computer and relog to SL. That will fix an amazing number of problems.

• If "Develop" is not showing in the top menu, press Ctrl-Alt-Q. If that doesn't reveal Develop, press Ctrl-Alt-D to get Advanced in the top menu and try again.
  • Click Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Female/Male - This will change your avatar to the default avatar and it will render.
  • Now rebuild your avatar one item at a time, slowly. You should find the problem part.
  • Trash the problem part and remove it from yout outfits.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This is a common problem. There is a fix.

One of the basic avatar components is having a problem. You will ave to find out which one. The quick and somewhat easy fix is to switch to the Test Male/Female avatar.

Before doing anything drastic always move to another region, log off, restart your computer and relog to SL. That will fix an amazing number of problems.

• If "Develop" is not showing in the top menu, press Ctrl-Alt-Q. If that doesn't reveal Develop, press Ctrl-Alt-D to get Advanced in the top menu and try again.
  • Click Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Female/Male - This will change your avatar to the default avatar and it will render.
  • Now rebuild your avatar one item at a time, slowly. You should find the problem part.
  • Trash the problem part and remove it from yout outfits.

I can't even see the default avatar, I tried it before.

17 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Can't see it or is it a particle cloud?

Earlier she said it was a cloud, so probably that is what she sees. As Nalates said most likely you are missing one of the 4 essential parts, look to see what you are wearing and add whatever parts are missing. This happens sometimes to me and once they are back where they are supposed to be i pop right into view.

The 4 items at the bottom of the list in this picture are what you must have, if they are missing you will be a cloud, and nothing else you try will help.

screen.png.685edb960c18feca0528ac58504c4664.png

Edited by Talligurl

If the avatar is invisible, not particles, then check your muted/blocked avatar list in the viewer. It is possible to block yourself and it happens accidentally. 

If you are seeing a cloud... it has to be one of the basic system/classic avatar parts. Go into the Library and start changing parts. Focus on shape, skin, eyes, hair, shoes/feet, and all the basic system/classic stuff... meaning those things that have an icon other than a box.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Earlier she said it was a cloud, so probably that is what she sees. As Nalates said most likely you are missing one of the 4 essential parts, look to see what you are wearing and add whatever parts are missing. This happens sometimes to me and once they are back where they are supposed to be i pop right into view.

The 4 items at the bottom of the list in this picture are what you must have, if they are missing you will be a cloud, and nothing else you try will help.

screen.png.685edb960c18feca0528ac58504c4664.png

When I wear them I start to get notifications about my all clothes can't find on database, it doesn't work I'm still a cloud

12 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If the avatar is invisible, not particles, then check your muted/blocked avatar list in the viewer. It is possible to block yourself and it happens accidentally. 

If you are seeing a cloud... it has to be one of the basic system/classic avatar parts. Go into the Library and start changing parts. Focus on shape, skin, eyes, hair, shoes/feet, and all the basic system/classic stuff... meaning those things that have an icon other than a box.

I'm not on my block list. Other people can see my avatar but it's a cloud for me, I tried to wear them again but when I wear them I start to get notifications about my clothes can't find in database

Edited by xXKristianaXx

10 minutes ago, xXKristianaXx said:

I'm not on my block list. Other people can see my avatar but it's a cloud for me, I tried to wear them again but when I wear them I start to get notifications about my clothes can't find in database

Do other people see you correctly, or do they also see you as a cloud?

3 minutes ago, xXKristianaXx said:

They see me correctly and I can see the other avatars

If other people see you correctly then your issue is not caused by missing items or bakefail; it's caused by something on your end of things. Check your connection and router.

Suggestions:

1. You are currently running wireless. It's been suggested already, but please try wiring to your router or connection point and seeing if that helps the issue.
  2. Power cycle your router by switching it off at the socket or power source. (Actually unplug it, if it's plugged in.) Leave it off for at least one minute, then restart it.
  3. You say that you 'deleted the game' but please also try a complete clean reinstall of your viewer. Assuming that you're using Firestorm, follow the instructions in this video to the letter. Don't skip anything. Make sure that - when you reinstall - you're using the latest version of the viewer.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

If other people see you correctly then your issue is not caused by missing items or bakefail; it's caused by something on your end of things. Check your connection and router.

Suggestions:

1. You are currently running wireless. It's been suggested already, but please try wiring to your router or connection point and seeing if that helps the issue.
  2. Power cycle your router by switching it off at the socket or power source. (Actually unplug it, if it's plugged in.) Leave it off for at least one minute, then restart it.
  3. You say that you 'deleted the game' but please also try a complete clean reinstall of your viewer. Assuming that you're using Firestorm, follow the instructions in this video to the letter. Don't skip anything. Make sure that - when you reinstall - you're using the latest version of the viewer.

Ive reset my pc and downloaded the latest version. I tried to create a new account and it's still a cloud, I can see other avatars, but when I try to wear the avatar outfits I get notifications about items can't find in database again, my avatar look like a green cloud

5 minutes ago, xXKristianaXx said:

Ive reset my pc and downloaded the latest version. I tried to create a new account and it's still a cloud, I can see other avatars, but when I try to wear the avatar outfits I get notifications about items can't find in database again, my avatar look like a green cloud

Which viewer are you using? A green cloud doesn't sound like any viewer's bakefail rendering that I've seen before. If a brand new account with the base inventory is having the same issue then it has  to be something on your system or your connection. Have you tried with a wired connection and power cycled your router? Those two tests are critical to check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Which viewer are you using? A green cloud doesn't sound like any viewer's bakefail rendering that I've seen before. If a brand new account with the base inventory is having the same issue then it has  to be something on your system or your connection. Have you tried with a wired connection and power cycled your router? Those two tests are critical to check.

Also, the "Clothes can't be found in database" is a symptom of a viewer so old that it doesn't use the latest inventory system - I had that issue with an old install of Singularity. I think Alchemy's last official download is also that old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Also, the "Clothes can't be found in database" is a symptom of a viewer so old that it doesn't use the latest inventory system - I had that issue with an old install of Singularity. I think Alchemy's last official download is also that old.

Yeah, the 'green cloud' made me wonder if it was a different viewer, possibly one that's not been updated for some time.

6 hours ago, xXKristianaXx said:

Would you please provide the link of exactly what you downloaded?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.