Cannot change e-mail or password

Kelpersey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there, I'm here on my alternate account to try and change the e-mail or password for my account named KarmaHuskybutt Resident. I cannot get in to the old e-mail for the account, nor can I log into the account because the password that is saved in my browser isn't the correct one. However, I can log in via my firestorm and try to change it. But, here's where I have my issue. I cannot remember the password so I cannot change anything on it. I'd like to use this as my main account again, but with the issue of being unable to remember the password for the e-mail associated with the account, I am unable to change it. If any staff or support could change my password to a temporary one, that would be fantastic so I could change it really quickly and have access to the account again.

3 answers to this question

Filing a Support case will get LL's help, but it may take some time.  They'll first ask you if you remember the answer to your Secret Question.  If you don't, they'll ask you to fill in the names of some people on your friends list, given their last names (which are usually Resident, so that's not a whole lot of help).  If you can't do that, they'll ask for a scanned image of some form of photo ID...drivers license, birth certificate.

The whole purpose of all the run-around, of course, is to prove to LL that you are who you say you are, and that you are actually the owner of the "lost" account.

Once you get access back, change your email, secret question, and password, and write them down somewhere safe!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kelpersey said:

Hi there, I'm here on my alternate account to try and change the e-mail or password for my account named KarmaHuskybutt Resident. I cannot get in to the old e-mail for the account, nor can I log into the account because the password that is saved in my browser isn't the correct one. However, I can log in via my firestorm and try to change it. But, here's where I have my issue. I cannot remember the password so I cannot change anything on it. I'd like to use this as my main account again, but with the issue of being unable to remember the password for the e-mail associated with the account, I am unable to change it. If any staff or support could change my password to a temporary one, that would be fantastic so I could change it really quickly and have access to the account again.

google for password finders .. there are several programs that scan your machine for passwords .. sometimes it works.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.