FYI - Ebbe being interviewed live by Strawberry

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I thought that was a much better communication tool than the Town Halls -- which often had griefers and got out of hand.  

The only "disturbing" news that I heard was that EEP will be going live soon complete with known flaws and that content creators will (may) need to update their products because of the way things look. 

Not happy about that at ALL.   Otherwise all good. And Sansarians had already had news of what was going on about Sansar but were asked not to pass along that info.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
redoing as question was answered
  • Like 1

Just now, HarleyHorrow said:

I think all the giggling was maybe more out of nervousness

I do think that a lot of it was nervous laughing and the problem of trying to remain serious when you get the giggles. Someone with a bit of professional media training should be able to rein that in and calm the people being interviewed. 

Another thing I'd like to see end is the whole SOON thing. It's funny and cute for a minute, but they really should be able to say "This thing is targeted for the 3rd quarter of 2020" or something similar. If and when it appears that won't be able to happen, there is nothing wrong with saying "We hoped to release this feature by 3rd quarter, but we've run into asteroids and we're now targeting 1st quarter of 2021." 

I love me some freaking Lindens but the communicate, and communication style, could be better.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I do think that a lot of it was nervous laughing and the problem of trying to remain serious when you get the giggles. Someone with a bit of professional media training should be able to rein that in and calm the people being interviewed. 

Another thing I'd like to see end is the whole SOON thing. It's funny and cute for a minute, but they really should be able to say "This thing is targeted for the 3rd quarter of 2020" or something similar. If and when it appears that won't be able to happen, there is nothing wrong with saying "We hoped to release this feature by 3rd quarter, but we've run into asteroids and we're now targeting 1st quarter of 2021." 

I love me some freaking Lindens but the communicate, and communication style, could be better.

I HATE the soon thing, but I also get it.

LL: "We hoped to release this feature by 3rd quarter, but we've run into asteroids and we're now targeting 1st quarter of 2021."

Most residents: "Yeah but you said 3rd quarter so where is it?"

17 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I thought that was a much better communication tool than the Town Halls -- which often had griefers and got out of hand.  

The only "disturbing" news that I heard was that EEP will be going live soon complete with known flaws and that content creators will (may) need to update their products because of the way things look. 

Not happy about that at ALL.   Otherwise all good. And Sansarians had already had news of what was going on about Sansar but were asked not to pass along that info.  

What is EEP?

1 minute ago, mikka Luik said:

Sitting on 2 premiums here . Where is my officiaL Text_Version.  Official mind - not bloggers. Did We emphasise text official? Breaking news oh my:) No longer sponsoring Sansar

Tick tick

There was never an official text version (as promised) for the Tilia Town Hall which was MUCH more important than this, so if you don't want to trust bloggers, you will need to WATCH for yourself. Links above I believe. 

11 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Thanks. 
I don’t have the energy to redo all my content yet AGAIN.

Understood. Hopefully there won't be TOO many problems. We can keep our fingers crossed.  Lighting has been an issue since materials were added -- one reason why I use them sparingly. So perhaps, for me, it won't be a problem.

Hoping so. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Isn't there a huge opportunity here to start packaging your own windlights / giving them away in store and saying "This is what my objects should look like" ... Is EEP so bad that it's not possible to achieve an aesthetically pleasing look at all? Hard to believe if so! 

That WAS the original plan when EEP started (and another product for the Marketplace for LL :D). And hopefully there will be some of that. But "some" of the ongoing issues (see the EEP feedback thread) suggest that  that there are problems that  are not "fixable" (I mean it has been worked on for-e-ver)  and from comments at the Lab Gab they will likely not be fixed in the future. The Lab has decided to publish with flaws and move on.  

"Maybe" -- that's kinda like "soon (tm)"   --- there will be some glorious things come out of it. From the reports I have seen I am not too sure about it though.  I will likely be holding on to Windlight as long as I can.  

Still in my OLD Lara body too LOL.    But the comment about content creators redoing their work did NOT seem promising.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Here's what *I* heard:

• Conundrum
  • Dismantled
  • Huntsman
  • Littlepause/Littlepaws (spelling?)
  • Nova
  • Ravenhurst
  • Wumpkins
  • Yeatley/Yeetly (spelling?)

While I will of course NOT be changing my name LOL I would pick "Nova".   

Also Premium plus will get $20 off of the suspected (still) $40.   It didn't sound like much else super exciting was happening with premium plus. We keep hearing the "name change discount" as the big  banner with that. So ---- Hmmmm. 

I will say that my undisclosed insider intel was confirmed --  but NOT for Premium Plus.   So as I have said before, things change rapidly and good intel one day is no longer valid the next (well not THAT fast usually).   It did sound like the current staff was feeling a bit more secure monetarily.  I am going to guess that is the truth and not smoke and mirrors.  Sometimes business decisions are hard.  Been there. Done that.

But once a new path is decided on, one can move forward.

7 minutes ago, mikka Luik said:

No apology extended

Is someone asking you for one? 

I believe what you're requesting is a transcript? But it has to be from a Linden? 

Transcribing an hour long interview isn't something that can be done in 10 minutes even if they said they were going to do it. I've done a bit of freelance transcribing and it's not as simple as people tend to think especially if you want it to actually be readable.

I would offer, if there were an interest, in transcribing this for people with hearing loss issues because I do think it should be available for them.

But for you? With that attitude? 

giphy.gif.f72c86d42198b83cfeeabbfef12ae208.gif

OK, what do we know that we didn't know before? Not much, really. The main takeaway is that Sansar as a LL project is officially dead: "Linden Lab going forward will focus entirely on Second Life and Tilia". "Process of disconnecting ourselves from Sansar". They're trying to sell Sansar off.

Oh, and email-based 2-factor authentication may be coming. Some minor price changes. Priority for 2020 is moving the servers to AWS. Anything else important we didn't know already?

• Like 2

Too much to ask for  an official text version of meetings by the lab not depending on external interpretation , so - Preeeemie only Forum?

Yeah that would work. Prelude are us sigh. Must be horrible to be tied down.

Lab actually has a web erm person? That knows how it works?

Left hand hello are you a hand?

The interview was a bit hard to listen to all the way to the end although I did manage. There is far too little professionalism at LL. Fun is one thing, but I didn't feel the "fun". Does anyone really believe they care about the Residents as much as they claim? They want US to bring more residents? I don't work there, I pay LL for their service. The "soon" is irritating and so was the damn "ploooos". Did I actually hear that Premium Plus was nothing huge or something to that effect? I'm not so excited about all this. Just my thoughts and nobody has to agree! Have a good weekend!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.