FYI - Ebbe being interviewed live by Strawberry

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I only started listening at 11:15. What did I miss?

Notes:

• Premium Plus is $20 extra? Is that per month or per year? (May be wrong.)
  • Email-based 2-factor authentication is coming. Nothing like a Yubikey.
  • Too much time spent on name changes.
  • 5000 "new users logging into SL every day". (Does that mean the web site, which bots can use, or made it into the world?)
  • IoS app coming, Android later.
Edited by animats

Just now, animats said:

Premium Plus is $20 extra? Is that per month or per year?

I think you heard that wrong. The $20 was the discount people with the Premium Plooooooooooose account will get on name changes. There was no mention (I don't think) of what Premium Ploooooooooooose will cost.

• Like 1

Just now, Orwar said:

Hrm, is there a way to just watch it from the start? There be lag watching it live, and I have no idea what they're on about.

I'm going to assume that it will be available on their YouTube channel to watch from the beginning.

I agree with you @Alwin Alcott about the giggling and laughing. There are things being discussed that are important to a lot of people and the giggling feels like they aren't taking it seriously and that we're all missing out on some inside jokes. 

This format is good, and should be continued, albeit it with someone other than Strawberry hosting, maybe. Having a place where we can submit questions and have them answer like this is a great idea. We do have questions and we deserve to have them answered. We also deserve to be taken seriously. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Boomers I am grateful for the "very online" surname choice of Yeetly, if that is indeed what I heard*. It is bound to be one of the most popular choices  and a solid indicator of people I can safely avoid on account of my being an old. 😂 

* And I'm 99% sure that's what it was:  Know Your Meme: Yeet

Hats off to the winner (sincerely!) 
I shall now yeet myself yeetly out of the thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be clear, I think this was a great first step in using live streaming to help the team communicate with residents in a way that isn't a cluster like the Meet the Lindens things at SL16B. Just too many residents trying to be heard all at once in an unstructured way. This eliminated all the local chat noise and that's great.

I love the idea of having couple different members of different teams each week answering questions from residents. Strawberry has many wonderful strengths, but being a professional interviewer isn't one of them. She's great for the fluffy and fun things. These should be more professional in my opinion, especially when you have Ebbe there. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.