Can't login

Julie2206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I received this message "We were unable to decode the file storing your login credentials. At this point saving or deleting credentials will erase all those that were previously stored. This may happen when you change network setup. Restarting the viewer with previous network configuration may help recovering your saved login credentials." I have not changed anything except Microsoft made some adjustments to my Windows 10. What can I do??? Help please???

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Julie2206 said:

I received this message "We were unable to decode the file storing your login credentials. At this point saving or deleting credentials will erase all those that were previously stored. This may happen when you change network setup. Restarting the viewer with previous network configuration may help recovering your saved login credentials." I have not changed anything except Microsoft made some adjustments to my Windows 10. What can I do??? Help please???

Welcome to Second Life Forums,  Julie 2206

The first thing to do is don't panic! 

Try again to log in. Check you have the latest viewer installed, the latest windows update has caused a little problem, but you may find there is a new version of Second Life viewer already. 

And if that still prevents you from being able to log in, you may need to do a system restore, just to take you back a windows update. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
forgot to welcome a new person into the forums
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Julie2206 said:

The few times that I've received that message, I've just typed in my username and password and logged in without any further issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The few times that I've received that message, I've just typed in my username and password and logged in without any further issues.

Yes.  That message just means that your viewer can't find (or read) the little file where it saved your login name, password, and information about where you were when you logged out last time.  It doesn't really need that information unless you were expecting the viewer to autofill fields and save you having to type the information manually. Just type in the information yourself.  If all else fails, download and reinstall the viewer. (That really shouldn't be necessary, but it will do the trick if necessary.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.