Priofile picture issue

Marco Dinzel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm having this issue where my profile picture is being replaced on DJ boards and on staff board as the wrong picture. Its using a picture all of a sudden from like 2009. I've had the current picture for like 3 years. This just started happening. So when it asks for my profile picture from the server on SLs side Is giving it a very old one all of a sudden. Anyone have any Ideas?

dumb pfp.png

To make matters worse, https://my.secondlife.com/marco.dinzel shows a different pic that your in-world profile shows.

P.S. Are you sure that the boards take the pic from LL's servers? On some boards you place a pic in it yourself, and others yet are networked with a (non-LL) server outside of SL.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

10 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

To make matters worse, https://my.secondlife.com/marco.dinzel shows a different pic that your in-world profile shows.

P.S. Are you sure that the boards take the pic from LL's servers? On some boards you place a pic in it yourself, and others yet are networked with a (non-LL) server outside of SL.

As hostess I been having this too; not sure what going on but mine was 2013! :D 

I suggest resetting the picture with the Linden and Firestorm viewers and with the web page controls. 

You may also want to grab the Second Life Project Legacy Profiles - 6.3.2.530836 viewer and reset you profile pic with it.

That this problem is starting up may be an aspect of the Lab's recent idea to change to Legacy Profiles. I suggest you file a JIRA bug report too.

• Thanks 1

I have the same issue on my main account. The problem appears when you upload your picture from a viewer. The best option is opening your internet browser, log into my.secondlife.com and edit your profile from there. Sometimes it takes more than one try and a few minutes to update.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.