could coronavirus be a good opportunity for sl

JahPorka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

No one person was singled out.  I was careful not to, in fact

No, you just made your post right after mine and didn't make any indication that "you" meant "general you". For instance, you (general), is more than sufficient to indicate you are not speaking directly to a single person. 

21 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Disagreeing for a discussable reason is not the same as being offended and saying it expecting others to change because someone didn't like that something was said. 

Practice what you preach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Just to add really quickly that is takes a certain amount of arrogance to think that I just must not have  understand you the first time, so you just have to say it again and I'll agree.

Oh, I'm sure I'm arroganting all over the place. I try not to, but, hey, I'm only human. (That's me being humble!)

I actually hadn't said that before in this thread, but you and I have both been around here long enough that I'm sure you've seen me say it before elsewhere, in other contexts.

Does this mean that you agree that no one has been asking that the content of this thread be "censored" -- any more than you are trying to "censor" or "shame" me into silence by disagreeing with me now? (And no, I don't think you're doing that. Neither am I.)

You have not addressed the second part of my post, in which I tried to distinguish between talking about how LL can profit from this tragedy, and how LL might respond in a socially responsible and generous way to it? Does that seem like a reasonable distinction to you?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

Just stop it you guys! 😝
Forum legends bickering over some irrelevant ->💩<- 😷🙄
I h8 when this happens.
Get over it or I'll call wuhan spam back in to give you all another dose of uselessness 😖

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Polished a turd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Just stop it you guys! 😝
I h8 when this happens.
Get over it or I'll call wuhan spam back in to give you all another dose of uselessness 😖

Edited just now by Maryanne Solo
Polished a turd

I see what you did there. lol.gif.e44ad45f759b1b61b170e2b59a66c0f6.gif

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Dahling, however do you think they became forum legends in the first place?

😉

(Forgive me. I've been reading Dorothy Parker this evening.)

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Just stop it you guys! 😝
I h8 when this happens. 😖

So how do you feel about insulting people for their deeply held beliefs, Maryanne?

15 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

So how do you feel about insulting people for their deeply held beliefs, Maryanne?

Quite fine love cause I did say Bless you and a couple of xx at the end of it.
Got a like so I"m ok.
Want me to scrutinise your posts too ^^?

and let me add the target was all alone.
You just don't do that $hit. DO YA! ???!!! 

Edited by Maryanne Solo

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You have not addressed the second part of my post, in which I tried to distinguish between talking about how LL can profit from this tragedy, and how LL might respond in a socially responsible and generous way to it? Does that seem like a reasonable distinction to yo

I have to work today, but I will address this when I get home tonight.  I didn't want to just dismiss it. 

So... like... ya know... I'm bored. So I've been avoiding this thread because, well, the title looked stupid and trolly to me, but, like, ya know, I'm bored. So I jump in at page five thinking it had probably devolved into something like a food fight about lima beans and chili or something amusing and... yeah... no.  (And my memory fades, and I have useful blocks about the "old" Forum, but I can't remember seeing CM in a tussle before...) (Wait, wut? Now we have Forum Legends? Is that like Rhonda being Forum Famous? I never get a title...that you can post in the PG Forum anyway.) Now I'm torn between popcorn and 

backing out.gif

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(Forgive me. I've been reading Dorothy Parker this evening.)

I've been wondering how the dahling photos from the photo thread came about. Shheeez, Canadians getting all uppity with their reading. You reading Parker, my BFF reading Proust... god knows what all the rest of you are reading, Eco, Goethe, Shikibu? Me, I'm reading the BDSM Club Series box set. 

usa flag.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I've been wondering how the dahling photos from the photo thread came about. Shheeez, Canadians getting all uppity with their reading. You reading Parker, my BFF reading Proust... god knows what all the rest of you are reading, Eco, Goethe, Shikibu? Me, I'm reading the BDSM Club Series box set.

OMG, Proust? Well, god knows I suppose a great many of us now actually have the leisure to read something that unfinishable lengthy.

Parker is a hell of a lot more fun, though. Although maybe not quite as much fun as your chosen reading material . . .

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

usa flag.gif

I am reading Ulysses, Canterbury Tales, and Beowulf. 
Oh and the Iliad. In Greek.

Just kidding! 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have to work today, but I will address this when I get home tonight.  I didn't want to just dismiss it. 

Cinn, don't worry about it. It's really not very important, and I don't think I have a great deal more to say on the subject anyway.

Let's just agree to disagree: life's too short (and, right now, dark and weird) to waste time on "tussles," right?

17 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The Wife of Bath is the best. The Clerk can feck right off.

And The Miller's Tale reads like the screenplay for a Seth Rogen film . . . if you like that kind of thing.

And if you want to cut right to the chase in Ulysses, you can just skip ahead to Molly's orgasm at the very end of that otherwise interminable (but surprisingly funny) novel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I think the quarantine stress and mounting daily death tolls are getting us all a little short.

I hereby vow to not be a snarky ***** for the next 24 hours.  Well, 2 to 4 hours.  Maybe I'll just let the next opportunity pass by and call it good.

How about until the next wild hair? We all have a few of those don't we? Or is someone shaving to avoid those occasional wild hairs that get up our butts?

😇

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

you can just skip ahead to Molly's orgasm at the very end of that otherwise interminable (but surprisingly funny) novel.

She's into one or two things that I really couldn't stomach. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.