(Rant?) I just want a dance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Rhonda is drop-dead gorgeous and sexy, but I suspect that some men might think she looks intimidating.

Scylla's correct that some men are intimidated by super sexy avatar's with the last name Huntress:)  That being said I for one just enjoy going to dance places to dance and chat and have a good time.  There is a way to sniff out the immediate clingy friend seekers and just looking for sex dancers.  When you get an IM from someone asking you to dance say I would love to dance with you after we chat for awhile.  If they are just looking for sex dancers they will find some excuse to move on to someone else, and if they are super clingy Klingons you will know this after chatting with the person for a few minutes:D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's a practical reason for a certain height ratio between the male and female dance partner; couples dances assume that the ratio will favor the man as being taller. If he isn't, then either he'll be floating, or his poor partner will be dancing with her feet in the floor.

With a same-sex dance partner its easier, the taller one goes on blue and the shorter one on pink.

You could adjust your hover height to compensate but not everyone can be bothered.

Overall though, I think its just an ego thing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

There's a practical reason for a certain height ratio between the male and female dance partner; couples dances assume that the ratio will favor the man as being taller. If he isn't, then either he'll be floating, or his poor partner will be dancing with her feet in the floor.

With a same-sex dance partner its easier, the taller one goes on blue and the shorter one on pink.

You could adjust your hover height to compensate but not everyone can be bothered.

Overall though, I think its just an ego thing.

The guys I dance with generally have a shorter shape that they use when they're dancing with me. In at least one case, he made a new shape just for that purpose.

I used to have a slightly larger shape I could pop on for dancing. That one is badly out-of-date, but I should probably create a new one. It'd need to have shorter arms than are properly proportional, but most animations are made for that anyway.

• Like 1

Read this through now, and just wanted to add this to Rhonda:

You're famous? :)  Darn. I've met you inworld and forgot to curtsey.  Sorry.  :::and facepalms:::

I like meeting people from the Forum, too (like others have mentioned here).  Well, ok, depends on the people, and that's less of an issue these days. It always surprises me when I do, because people are out of context inworld from here. Like seeing your ob-gyn at the grocery store, it doesn't compute.

And I'll add my name to the list of potential dance partners, if your taste in music doesn't suck.

(To the humo(u)r impaired, and that does not include Rhonda, this was all typed with a tongue in cheek and a smile, which is hard to do at the same time.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Men have advanced beyond being neanderthals, and actually can resist their natural primal urges to bonk women over the head with clubs and drag them back to their caves. 

I refuse this claims you have no prof or evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rarely go anywhere I might risk ending up on a dance floor. I very rarely ask anyone to dance, unless I'm there with a friend. I mostly dance with my sisters or with friends, or if someone asks me to dance - a fair amount of them get angry because I don't seem interested in bonking them afterwards. I also frequently get told that I'm 'too short', to which I simply say that it isn't me, it's them.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You're famous? :)  Darn. I've met you inworld and forgot to curtsey.  Sorry.  :::and facepalms:::

What is SL famous anyway? Aren't we all just big wonderful nerds sitting at computers being big wonderful nerds? 

I was very intimidated by Lindens and Moles for a while, because they are the gods and demi-gods of SL (and for some reason, @Abnor Mole still intimidates me) but they're really all just guys and gals with jobs doing job-type things. I've had people say they were intimidated by me due to my blog fame, and that's laughable because I see the analytics and know there are about 7 people who look at it, and most of those 7 are friends. 

There have been times when I've seen someone that I wanted to say hello to, but there is something about their avatar that makes me think that they are out of my league - and then I remember that they're also probably sitting at their computer in their pajamas eating Flaming Hot Cheetos and being intimidated by other good looking avatars that are also average ordinary people in pajamas eating Flaming Hot Cheetos.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

and then I remember that they're also probably sitting at their computer in their pajamas eating Flaming Hot Cheetos and being intimidated by other good looking avatars that are also average ordinary people in pajamas eating Flaming Hot Cheetos.

I think I was SL infamous for a while. :) There are a few "famous" folks in SL, famous in this little pond that is SL anyway. Can't say I have been overly intimidated by them, but I rarely come across any of them either. As for the Moles, when I see them, I tend not to bother them because I know they are working.

Sorry, but you have NO chance of being SL famous if you are eating Flaming Hot Cheetos. BAKED Cheetos are the thing. sheez, "noobs."

What is wrong with you guys and your snack food?  If I'm going to snack, I'll do it right and make it fully worth the calories.  Baked chips?  No, good chocolate that smoothly melts at the right temperature, popcorn with all the butter, fried chips that require napkins to rid your fingers of grease.

Yeah, I'll dance and chat with anyone that asks, but one line in my profile turns most people away.  "I will remain human, alive, and unspoiled."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

or peanut butter and Ritz crackers

Those would be my downfall.  Fortunately we're out of Ritz crackers, but graham crackers work well as a last minute substitute.  The challenge at my house is getting healthy snacks for the grandkids during the day that are not things I want to snack on myself all evening!

I rarely get asked to dance, and I always politely turn the invitation down, but as far as 'just friends' dancing with other ladies from the forum, I have no problem with that. 

18 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was very intimidated by Lindens and Moles for a while

There recently was a mole working on something outside of my house, it's when I found out about the mole bears through glancing at their profile - so I walked out to say 'hi', and he ran off. Am I that intimidating? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

What is wrong with you guys and your snack food?  If I'm going to snack, I'll do it right and make it fully worth the calories.  Baked chips?  No, good chocolate that smoothly melts at the right temperature, popcorn with all the butter, fried chips that require napkins to rid your fingers of grease.

Yeah, I'll dance and chat with anyone that asks, but one line in my profile turns most people away.  "I will remain human, alive, and unspoiled."

Well, I was just commenting Cheetos to Cheetos. Imo, the baked Cheetos taste better than the regular ones, and that usually isn't the case between baked and fried. The baked Cheetos are about the taste not the calories. 

Now if you want to talk snacks, in general, consumed in front of the monitor, especially doing SL things, then that door is much wider than just Cheetos. Beth just isn't going to be SL Famous with Flaming Hot Cheetos. Just a fact.

In my world, "snacks" in front of the monitor while doing SL also includes alcoholic beverages. Maybe that's why I was infamous instead? :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

An important part of it is undoubtedly appearance. So far as I can recall, Laskya has never been asked to dance by a man, or even approached in IM. She's fully meshed-up and not bad looking, but there's no question that she's not as attractive as Scylla. Part of that is by design, and partly simply because I've not spent as much time or money on Laskya. I just don't think men find her as enticing as whoever else is around.

When everyone is a supermodel, no one is. 

• Like 2

Flamming hot Cheetos are the best Cheetos..Plus they are good for you,unlike the regular boring Cheetos.. Because they high in Vitamin Flame,which gives you more flame resistance for when the Apocalypse starts ,which also has the extra added benefit of Zombie resistance since Zombies don't like flamming hot Cheetos tasting brains either..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There recently was a mole working on something outside of my house, it's when I found out about the mole bears through glancing at their profile - so I walked out to say 'hi', and he ran off. Am I that intimidating? 

Moles are shy, nocturnal creatures who live in burrows under the ground. It's not so much that you're intimidating as it is that they are skittish of all humans.

PoshDifferentDanishswedishfarmdog-max-1mb.gif.f5a9d71a905b05707cda178e6db8ad0b.gif

At least that's what I tell myself whenever @Quartz Moleruns away from me...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.