Age Verification

Oneeko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having major issues with this age verification thing. I am 24 years old, my name has been the same my entire life, and I haven't ever moved.

The only time my address has been changed, was when our town decided to switch over to some kind of new emergency system. Though i've tried both addresses.

I've tried both the SSN and drivers license. Still nothing seems to work. Is this a bug of some kind? It's completely frustrating knowing the information you're entering is 100% correct, yet it fails. :/

5 answers to this question

Hello Oneeko. Seems that many people have problem with age verification. Difficult to say what's wrong really. I will give you a link just to read how age verification works:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-verification/ta-p/700021#How_does_it_work?

To have access in most of adult regions you can verify your account having Payment Info on File.  Means Credit Card or verified Paypal account with Marketplace or SL. This way you can have access in adult regions except of them, the estate owner restricts access to residents verified by Age Verification.

If you have a double last name, like Van Dam, type that without the space (VanDam).

Your options if the automated verification refuses to work  are to submit a ticket for manual verification (Premium accounts only) or to get account verified by adding payment info to your account.

@ Ansariel, its potluck, occasionally a couple get through and LL asks for their ID & verifys them, we have even seen someone who phoned LL and was told to do the wrong ticket & they did that one too. But the majoirty get their tickets closed and a response that says "this issue is not supported for basic accounts, you can upgrade your account <here> or go speak to SL Answers <here>" and they come back to us lol :D

I would guess the mood of the person picking up the ticket and how big the backlog is, play a part.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.