Finding your "style" on SL..

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Initially, I wore a lot of outfits that I would not have worn in RL, mostly for that reason.  Over time, I've moved more and more towards how I dress in RL, to the extent possible - casual long flowy skirts with shirts appropriate for the season (long sleeve, tank tops, halter tops), sun dresses, tunics with leggings and boots, jeans, jeans, comfortable shirts, sneakers or sandals.  Very loosely based on the clothing women in the circle of free-spirited friends my dad had in the late 60's/early 70's, when I was a young girl. 

I do have a few formal dresses for the odd occurrence where I might need them, and I have quite a few medieval, Victorian, turn of the century or Edwardian outfits because of either RP I've been involved in or because I like to dress in different time periods depending on the time period or look of places I visit.   

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 8:26 PM, xBaeBeex said:

I was thinking this might be a fun topic to talk about how everyone finds their "style" on second life. I just saw another thread about the "baddie" style.. and it got me thinking.. along with how i've been feeling in SL.

For a while now I have been enjoying the major brands like Blueberry and Scandalize.. but Ive also started wearing some Evie and I was sooo happy to see Rama clothes taking part in the saturday sales. .. I'd say im quite drawn to the cute clothes.. pinks, purples, holos.. hello Cabbodle I'm looking at you. Also Cynful. 

What about everyone else? Where do you shop? What do you consider to be your style or choices you tend to make alot of when shopping? 

I'm very out-of-date now, and apart from a pretty mesh outfit with a short frilled skirt and top that shoes off my back tattoo, I tend to go back to my old favourite pyjamas. My lovely pyjama creator moved out of Second Life a couple of years ago sadly. She did also make some nice dresses, and footwear too, but I cannot find these in my overstuffed inventory. I left Second Life in chaos, I have returned to chaos!! C'est la vie!

• Like 1

I like to think I have some kind of style, but I doubt it. I don’t shop a lot, that takes money and that is limited. But I like nice things. So I guess my style would be to look nice. The stores that have impressed me the most lately are:

MOZ and Powdermoon

I did just pick up a cute little skirt from Sylvia’s Pretty Nice Things, the store is really small but the fit for my Tonic Fine body is perfect.

Then for the store I keep going back to for shoes is KC, the prices can’t be beat and almost every shoe comes with a menu for changing the colors.

And my hair that I think is a big part of style is old but I don’t think I’ll ever change, its from a store that has been closed for years, Zero Style or 0-Style. And yes its flexie, I don’t like the to much hair spray look of the mesh hair but I do have some just for photos, if your not moving it looks lovely. My RL hair never sits in one spot perfectly formed, so I looked for that for my avi.

As I am writing this I realized I am talking about two avatars, my main and my alt, but my alt says she is my main and “that” other piece of fluff is the alt, but because I, the driver, decides what looks nice they both shop at the same stores, kind of, mostly. The big difference between us is my alt will have no part of that frizzy ugly flexie hair, she shops at eXxEsS for most of her hair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.