What's a cure for decorating fatigue?

Marisa Starbrook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I find that for me decorating fatigue tends to be fueled by a need to organize my inventory. 

First, I need to be disciplined about filing new items, in my case right now weekly. Any longer and things are too disorganized.

Right now I have a folder for home and garden items. The sub folders include Bathroom, Kitchen, Decor, Lighting, Furniture, Patio and Lawn, Plants, Rugs, Houses/Skyboxes, and Linden Home Add-ons. Decor has subfolders for type - window treatments, candles, etc. Furniture has subfolders for room types. Patio and Lawn has subfolders patio furniture, pools, fountains, etc.

I’m  toying with the idea of some kind of visual database for decor items, simply because the names aren’t always descriptive enough. One quick way to grab images is to pull them down from marketplace and save them  with the same name as in your inventory.

Also, during my weekly organizing, I rename gatcha items (which are often named with a number instead of a description) by appending a short descriptive phrase.

Another tip is when you get a grouping of furniture and decor that you’ve linked together, give it a descriptive name including the type of home, room, and style of furniture. Save a copy in your inventory in a folder for furniture/decor sets. You can reuse these as a quick starter “template” even if you have to edit for a different home or room.

I know it seems really well organized but I still fight with organizing my inventory just like everyone else. Right now my Objects folder is overflowing with the results of breaking down the contents of two Maya furnished houses and one Inverse one.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What helps me is a change of scenery. If I currently own a water parcel, I'll switch it for a snow one for example. That makes a whole new range of houses available and usually inspiration comes on its own when I find a really nice one on the MP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had times of fatigue and can't be a**ed when i've hopped around different locations i'll start decorating decide i don't like the location get somewhere else with the feeling i can't face spending the day decorating. i did create a rezzer to take the stress out multiple potential moves before settling. Now my decorating regime is to swap things out or add things when i buy stuff or get tired. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.