Some my objects returned after the tenant bought the parcel

Emma Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need a little help, since I am confused. I got rented a parcel giving to the tenant the chance to buy the parcel itself.  After she bought it, automatically some of my items have been returned to me.

It seems the capability items was reduced to the parcel instead of the whole sim. Maybe because now the owners are different?

Now, my doubt is: since her objects are now deed to her group, if I come back like owner, her items will be returned to her?

What's the best and secure solution to solve now?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Oema said:

It seems the capability items was reduced to the parcel instead of the whole sim. Maybe because now the owners are different?

Right. Well, there's also the possibility that the new owner turned on Auto-Return, but that doesn't happen automatically and in fact it gets turned off (set to zero) initially when land changes owner. So I doubt that happened, but rather your guess seems correct: There were just too many items on the parcel to be supported by the parcel's own Land Impact capacity. It didn't matter before the sale because when it was owned by you it was able to "borrow" Land Impact from other parcels you owned in the region that use somewhat less than their per-parcel Land Impact capacity.

Assuming for simplicity that this buyer owns just this one parcel on this region, if you were to buy it back there'd still be enough Land Impact capacity so nothing should get returned for that reason. (Of course, if you then enable auto-return, all bets are off.)

Perhaps you're wanting to put the returned items back on the parcel. I don't know any easy way to do that. You could buy back the land and return to status quo ante, but presumably the new owner hoped for some benefit from owning the parcel themselves. One thing I do often, but may not help here, is to add a remote root prim to linked assemblies I want to put over tenants' parcels, so I can keep the root on my own land where I have Land Impact to spare. It's different in your case, though, because as land owner they could return your items encroaching on their parcel. (In contrast, a rental tenant can have a role that doesn't include the ability to return items not set to the land-owning group.)

Just in passing, I notice you wrote "her objects are now deed to her group" -- that's not a good idea, unless you really mean set to her group, instead of deeded. Deeding objects to group is a pretty specialized thing to do, and has the potential to change permissions in unfortunate ways. It solves specialized problems (such as scripted parcel operations on group-owned land), but... let's just hope she's mostly setting objects to group, not deeding them.

Land's capacity to support objects depends on the land's area (square meters).  On a regular Mainland region, a 512 parcel has a capacity of 175, a 1024 parcel has 351, and so on.

If a single owner (either an individual or a group) owns more than one parcel in a region, their capacity becomes the total of all the land they own there.  If I own a 512 and a 1024, my "region capacity" becomes 175+351= 526.  I can distribute that in any way I like.  I could put all 526 prims on the little 512 parcel, and leave the 1024 parcel empty.

Now, if I sell the 512 parcel to someone else, THEY become the parcel owner.  Since that's the only land they own in the region, there can only be 175 prims there.  Any additional prims would be returned to their owner(s).

If I own a whole region, say a private estate, I can play games with this.  For example, I can make half the area of my region water, and the rest little islands.  I can give the island parcels an "object bonus factor" of 2.0.  This would allow residents on those island parcels to have twice as many prims as the land would normally support.  So a 1024 parcel could have up to 703 prims, not 351.  However, the half of the region that's unoccupied water would not be able to have any prims...they are all being "donated" to the island parcels.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.