Asus GT 430 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

cragt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im building a new pc so i can use SL as my laptop wont run it.

will the 

Asus GT 430 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

be able of running this well.

if not does can anyone recommened a graphics card that is priced good.

cheers

3 answers to this question

The card will run SL well.  It's not going to deliver the best graphics performance but if you can settle for mid to mid high graphics settings with a little bit of texture lag I think you will be be happy.  For the most part you can ignore the first number in the model number for nVidia cards.........that is the series (or "generation") number that basically tells you the age of the card.  The 4 indicates it's fairly new and because of that it is in the series that supports the some of the higher performance factors that graphics cards are capable of.  It's the second number that is most important as far as performance is concerned.  The 3 says it's below mid range for the 400 series of cards (a 9 would indicate it would be at the top performance wise in that series).

If you are looking for better performance at an equal (or even less price) look for a card with the second number 5 or higher in an older series..........such as a 350 (or higher) or even a 280.  The 200 and 300 series are card both a little older than a year old (the 200 is probably approaching 2 years) but, for the money (and expected life before obsolescence) is a couple of years or more.  I run a GTS 250 in this machine......Though I can run settings at Ultra and 256 meters draw distance, I get a noticable drop in frame rates and texture lag.  I run SL at high settings without lag and decent frame rates in all but the most populated sims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.