B-O-R-E-D

vixiestardust

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, vixiestardust said:

I hope you sang the title to the tune of "Bingo". 😎

Anyone online and want to chat? I'm booorrrreeeeddddd.

Pop yourself into Second Life, the world itself, and locate a coffee house with people in it, or pop yourself into Second Life and create something, or explore, or take photos, or ...Β  if you feel too bored to do any of that, you may just be tired or hungry in real life.Β Β 

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Pop yourself into Second Life, the world itself, and locate a coffee house with people in it, or pop yourself into Second Life and create something, or explore, or take photos, or ...Β  if you feel too bored to do any of that, you may just be tired or hungry in real life.Β Β 

Can you recommend a good coffee shop? That is what I have been looking for! Someplace chill that I can sit and talk to people.

14 hours ago, Talligurl said:

SL is what you make it, and if you are making it boring why do we want to IM you?

Believe me, I search around for fun spots. It's odd how for such a social game no one wants to be social. Or I get comments like this. I'm finding it hard to make friends on SL.

2 minutes ago, vixiestardust said:

Can you recommend a good coffee shop? That is what I have been looking for! Someplace chill that I can sit and talk to people.

I really wish I could. I have been hampered by technical problems for a long time, so am rarely able to log in for long enough spells to explore as much as I would like to, but coffee houses and fun fairs and themed places were tops for finding like-minded people to hang with. Log in, go into Search, and good luck!

1 hour ago, vixiestardust said:

Β It's odd how for such a social game no one wants to be social.

for many people SL isn't a social game.. they just want to relax, be at their home, shop, and other things on their own.
Others are here for other reasons, and again others to socialize.
There is a forum kartel breakfast/dance every week .. you can go there... or at the hundreds other places. Use the destinations or the (horror) events listings.. jump around..

You might not like Talli's comment, but if you'r bored... we'r not here to entertain bored people, thats a whole other proffesion.

• Like 1

Another thing which I don't think has been mentioned yet, which might be fun (I enjoy it anyway) is taking classes in-world, about building or other in-world specific skills.Β  Just off the top of my head, please which have scheduled classes each week are NCI, Caledon Oxbridge University, Builders Brewery, Helping Haven, Happy HIippo Building School.Β  Not only can it be fun to learn some skills or get more familiar with terms you might hear being tossed about, there are also often people hanging around those areas. Β 

At least two of those places have intro classes about role-play in SL.Β  There are classes on building, scripting, ways to earn money, how to buy or sell land.... Β  Even if you're sure you don't want to make your own flexi skirts or hats, it's kind of cool to understand the technology and know that if you wanted, you could :) Anyway, there are a lot more topics and themes for classes, and searching and finding their in-world locations, going there to find the schedules and looking at the classes offered and some of the other things the location may provide is a good way to spend a bit of time in-world, anyway.Β 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Another thing which I don't think has been mentioned yet, which might be fun (I enjoy it anyway) is taking classes in-world, about building or other in-world specific skills.Β  Just off the top of my head, please which have scheduled classes each week are NCI, Caledon Oxbridge University, Builders Brewery, Helping Haven, Happy HIippo Building School.Β  Not only can it be fun to learn some skills or get more familiar with terms you might hear being tossed about, there are also often people hanging around those areas. Β 

At least two of those places have intro classes about role-play in SL.Β  There are classes on building, scripting, ways to earn money, how to buy or sell land.... Β  Even if you're sure you don't want to make your own flexi skirts or hats, it's kind of cool to understand the technology and know that if you wanted, you could :) Anyway, there are a lot more topics and themes for classes, and searching and finding their in-world locations, going there to find the schedules and looking at the classes offered and some of the other things the location may provide is a good way to spend a bit of time in-world, anyway.Β 

Thank you for the suggestions- I will definitely check them out. Also, thank you for not being a douche like some other people that commented. I'm not sure why people feel the need to be mean, but I appreciate a kind comment. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I really wish I could. I have been hampered by technical problems for a long time, so am rarely able to log in for long enough spells to explore as much as I would like to, but coffee houses and fun fairs and themed places were tops for finding like-minded people to hang with. Log in, go into Search, and good luck!

I actually did a search after I read your comment for coffee shops and found a few. Most people were AFK but I am going to keep trying. Thank you so much for your help and for being kind!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

for many people SL isn't a social game.. they just want to relax, be at their home, shop, and other things on their own.
Others are here for other reasons, and again others to socialize.
There is a forum kartel breakfast/dance every week .. you can go there... or at the hundreds other places. Use the destinations or the (horror) events listings.. jump around..

You might not like Talli's comment, but if you'r bored... we'r not here to entertain bored people, thats a whole other proffesion.

I get that. I don't barge into people's homes or IM randos in stores. I go to places that are supposed to be social expecting others to want to talk. Kind of like forums. Weird concept, huh? I check destinations and events all the time. I didn't post my message without trying on my own first.Β 

3 hours ago, vixiestardust said:

I get that. I don't barge into people's homes

so you don't get it :)that's no problem , what i meant is; you won't meet many peopleΒ  because they don't join the socializing mass of others to meet people looking for contact. And i think you actually cΓ‘n approach shoppers.. if you see a nice profile and them having interest in a product could just be thΓ© subject to start a talk

Β  Β Wanting friends isn't really a 'mutual interest'; two people may be wanting more socialization in their lives, but one may be a manga nerd and the other only lives for football, and the two might not be able to carry a conversation for 5 minutes without getting bored by each other. You might find it easier to find people (and for people to find you) by at least mentioning some of your interests. I usually advise people to just do whatever it is they enjoy doing in Second Life, and you will come across people who enjoy doing the same things - as long as it isn't 'clubbing', because a lot of people who go to clubs in SL do so either to park AFK for a sploder (money ball) or to get some music playing in the background whilst they're off doing something else, or because they're on the prowl for a hook-up.Β 

Β  Β I've made most of my friends and acquaintancesΒ in SL through my different interests; photography, role playing, driving/sailing, building, Bloodlines, SML - the amount of people I've befriended through bumping into them at a club .. One, I think? I don't have a whole lot of friends on my list that I made through the forums, either.Β 

Β  Β Perhaps your experience will be different than mine, but I've got no shortage of friends, and I've never really had to go 'look' for any. And I'm not a very 'friendly' or social person, either!Β 

• Like 11

Hahaha. I have too many friends! Often whenΒ I log on I get several IMs popping up and I end up stuck in IM chats for ages!Β 

SO how did this happen?

There's been some great advice above about pursuing your own interests and you'll naturally find people with whom you'll share common passions.

Places where I've met people = clubs, beaches, stores (just browsing or trying on demos, picking up gifts, playing lucky letters etc), RP sims, chat sims, gaming sims. I met loads of people when I DJ'd for a while and also when I was a dancerΒ at a club. Another good way is simply from speaking on group chats.

I'd say going to social hang outs like beaches and clubs is a good start. Although (just like in RL!) you can't expect someone to want to be your friend just because you say hello. If you like a particular type of music (rock, jazz, blues, dance, electro, live music) then seek out clubs/events with that music as you know you've already got something in common with the other people there.

I enjoy speaking in public chat, so sometimes if I say something funny or that resonates with someone else, they'll message me. And visa-versa if someone says something I like or someone sounds like a cool/fun person who I'd like to get to know more. This doesn't always lead to a friendship, but it can do!Β Β 

As for being bored on SL I get how that's possible, although you're essentially just limiting yourself/being limited byΒ your own imagination!Β There's always something to do! If I log on and none of my friends are around for a chat, I might look for freebies/group gifts, go on a hunt, play some games, work on my avatar, clean out my inventory, check out some good photo locations/take some photos, explore a new sim or event.

I hope some of that is helpful. SL can be really fun and there's plenty of friendly people around. I guess that, like in RL, you can't force it. Have fun, do your thing..and the rest will hopefully follow.

xxx

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, vixiestardust said:

Anyone online and want to chat? I'm booorrrreeeeddddd.

SL is a huge box full of components and possibilities. For those who are only looking for one thing it will be narrow in SL just like in Rl. But if you let your creativity run wild, you can conjure up so many things from the craft kit SL. Much of what is not possible in the RL ... Bikini figure for the summer = slider, it would be nice it would be so easy in the RL. You can not only meet others and do something together, you can also do so much yourself .... So many possibilities photography, video, building things, creating fashion, or simply an empty piece of land and make something wonderful out of it. I have a lot of understanding, but I don't understand how to get bored in SL.Β Β  The bumblebee has a wing area of 0.7qcm and a weight of 1.2 grams. According to the known laws of aerodynamics, it is impossible to fly at this ratio.
BUMBLEB DOESN'T KNOW THAT, AND JUST FLIES!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I liked that bumblebee analogy^^Β 

I'll be giving some weird advice though - can't find people that share the same interests with you? Convert them! lol

~quite literally. I couldn't find anything regarding herbology, candle making, the duat, pottery, theater plays, pressed flower books binding, aquascaping or hoola hoops. lol

So I got people interested into "my stuff" and befriended them. :3Β Interests aren't naturally born, they are shared, learned, discovered.

Can't find your way? become the way, let others find you.

mews

• Like 1

I take the whole "I'm never bored in SL" thing that folks say with a grain of salt. However, I'm almost never bored for long. Caledon Oxbridge was nice in my early days, Builders Brewery I still frequent. Even met some nice folks while building in the Premium sandboxes as well, even if there are few people there usually.

But once I landed in the 2RAW driving SIM I became hooked on driving/racing - even though I was terrible at it at first, I can now been seen on leader boards at several places on the grid. And I've made many friends and interesting aquaintances in the process. Have had, and still have long conversations that lasted until the wee hours.

From there I got hooked on boating, and found several of the marinas pretty social. I've tried to see how far one can sail/boat in SL without interruption quite a few times, and have even been met with a few "nice to see you again" from landowners doing that. Even been invited in.

My "Friends" list is fairly short, but I have lots of folks I meet and talk to on a regular basis who are not on that list, and I still consider them good friends. It's like they always say regarding SL - find something you like. A clichΓ© becomes a clichΓ© because there's some truth to it :)

Β 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 4:29 PM, vixiestardust said:

I found BINGO the dog for you Vixie!Image result for Bingo The Dog

He was hanging out at Teegle Animesh Pets store in SL

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/214988?id=214988

You will have a ton of fun looking at horses and other animals there and can even take a test drive on a horse that looks and feels real.Β  SL is wonderfulπŸ˜€

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jace2112 said:

I found BINGO the dog for you Vixie!Image result for Bingo The Dog

He was hanging out at Teegle Animesh Pets store in SL

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/214988?id=214988

You will have a ton of fun looking at horses and other animals there and can even take a test drive on a horse that looks and feels real.Β  SL is wonderfulπŸ˜€

This level of possitivity is approved :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.