Holier than Thou?

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hold on there!  "Holier than thou" is not about ACTUALLY being more holy than another person, or people.

It's about acting as if you were.

So we can just stop the "I'm REALLY holy...see?  Here's my baptismal certificate, my confirmation Bible, my Doctor of Divinity degree..." nonsense.

...retires to apply some fresh halo polish.

halo-egg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 1

I'm NHAA. You may pronounce that however you wish, to me, it reads naaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but, with, like, deep emphasis.... from your chesticles.

That's not completely accurate everywhere, only here on the forums, I do have holes, they simply have no business on, and want nothing to do with, the forums :D

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, Tari Landar said:

Here...it means  not holy at all

elsewhere...use your imagination :D (we have a creative bunch here, it could mean just about anything, lol) 

Never Heard Any Angels?

No Heaven Acquisition Achieved?

Either way, just remember children: If you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothin'~

On 2/19/2020 at 2:22 AM, Marth Coberts said:

Either way, just remember children: If you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothin'~

Would I be a horrible mother if I said almost these exact words to my kids?

Probably, if you ask some people...but, if I'm going to hell, at least I'll have good company :D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

There is only one right way to arrive in Hell... and that's in style and with plenty of company :)

My parents' epitaph reads "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming 'HOLY SH*T! WHAT A RIDE!'"

Not even kidding. It's how they lived and what they both wanted.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.